When do dividends post?

I have a couple of holdings with dividend pay dates of 3/30/2021. When will these post to the strategy?

I think C2 won’t post because C2 is using IEX market data and IEX market data is not adjusted. I guess* the IEX data which C2 is using right now only shows the execution market price.

However, I think the market price will react to your dividend because of dividend arbitrage in the future. (Future: the time when the options are exercised/expired I think)

螢幕擷取畫面 2021-04-26 214906

Image Source:

Page 395 “Algorithmic Trading & DMA: An Introduction to Direct Access: An introduction to direct access trading strategies” written by barry johnson

Disclaimer: This image should be considered as exception in copyright which allows use of copyrighted materials without obtaining permission as long as the use can be considered fair.

More details about dividend arbitrage:
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/dividend-arbitrage.asp#:~:text=Key%20Takeaways-,Dividend%20arbitrage%20is%20an%20options%20trading%20strategy%20that%20involves%20purchasing,put%20after%20collecting%20the%20dividend.

We do handle dividends, typically. There are some exceptions that we need to manually adjust for – particularly when dividends are treated as share spinoffs, or special distributions, etc.

If you see a dividend that did not post within 24 hours of the PAY date, let the help desk know (help@collective2.com) and we will take care of it.

1 Like