Why does C2 show dormant systems?

Example: VT26 is not accepting new subscribers. Spending time reviewing it, only to find out I cannot subscribe AFTER I hit the subscribe button, is a waste of my time (and ruins my retirement plans).

(I suspect the reason C2 publishes dormant systems is that C2 gets a fee from the system vendors.)

some of us WANT to see them. They may activate later. So either, it is save you a few minutes and suppress my ability to see or vice-versa. I choose vice-versa, thank you

The happy medium would be to allow people to see it, but prominently state that system is closed to new subscribers. I am sure Matt could easily program that, and gray out the Subscribe button/hyperlink. People should know long before they click subscribe that the system is closed.

Maybe that will be a feature in the very anticipated beta of the new site…

"but prominently state that system is closed to new subscribers"

I agree and had been thinking that would be useful yesterday. Just put in large red letters “Closed To New Subscribers” near the title on the system page. And GREY OUT the subscriber button so people cannot even click it.

But still, I don’t want C2 suppressing system views just for a little convenience. To me, it is like requesting the NYT to stop publishing one section of a Sunday paper, because someone doesn’t read it and it makes his paper heavier.

I guess the most efficient way for us traders is to display "the system is currently not available for new subscription, blablabla…", and then offer a link to sign up for an email notification once the system is available again.

offer a link to sign up for an email notification once the system is available again.

I like that idea. But I still want the right to view dormant systems. C2 is also about opennness. Some of us want to see everything, and not have C2 or others decide what C2 users can and cannot view.

I agree. I wasted a considerable about of time researching the trades and arranging for a demo account for trading, as this would have been my first subscription.

Only hours later did I find that subscriptions were not available.

That should be headlined for anyone to see clearly.