50 on 8 trades for this week and coupon

Hello,

When the strategy is a year old talk to me then. We’ll see how well or poorly I did in my first year. I’d expect Payoff Matrix to be at peak equity by the end of the summer.

Good day

1 Like

I don’t think it is particularly polite to shut somebody up because they dare to criticize you. But of course this is your style and your decision.

But maybe in this case you shouldn’t lecture others either and brag about your trading style and performance as exemplary. It is not. (Until proven otherwise – after a year? by end of summer?)

[This is also a free and also a humble advice.]

1 Like

I don’t believe I tried to “shut you up”. I simply said to talk to me after a year of Payoff Matrix being open. I suppose you can take that how you will. A strategy that’s only 6 months old is still premature to really see the potential.

Lecturing others might actually help in ways you may not be aware of. Maybe the trader changes things and implements in his trading plan a max DD per trade. It may sound harsh but it probably does more good than not in the long run what I posted. Trading is about risk management. It’s a numbers game.

I didn’t post to have a discussion with you. If you disagree, we can simply agree to disagree like gentlemen. If you prefer to defend strategies that lose $6000 day trading that’s your prerogative. I didn’t knock you for defending that. I don’t agree with it but if others want to defend that it’s none of my business.

Have a nice evening.

Good day

I used to be subscribed payoff and backward induction and finally unsubscribed and took lost couple of thousands, NOT at all worth for $500. There are good startergies are there in C2 trading one contract and making decent money and the subscription fee is $149, it is very reasonable.

1 Like

@O5355p, I believe you are getting this backlash since your strategies sub fees are far above the normal fees of other strategies that trade as infrequently as yours. On top of that your strategies have barely made any money during the last 4 months.

I also noticed now you have taken a couple of your $1000/month strategies private.

A thought maybe to reduce your sub fees that way you may not feel the backlash as much since your former subs are saying that the only one making money is you from sub fees.

I am not criticizing you here but just sharing the thoughts of some of your former subscribers who may have been unhappy with your service.

You conflate (probably intentionally) me pointing out the weaknesses of your system with “defending” a $6,000 DD. This was (quite obviously) not my intention.

Here you go:

To have $6K DD in one day is bad. BAD.
To have a 4 months consistent losing stretch (for a young and expensive system) is bad. BAD.

You see, the two opinions can peacefully coexist in the same post.

A tight stops may or may not improve (“in the long run”) the performance of system #1. We don’t know.

Maybe it will improve (“in the long run”) the performance of system #2. We don’t know that either. (During the last 4 months it did not.)

I can dispose 7 wise, unsolicited advices before breakfast. As my friend used to say: “trades talk, BS walks.”

3 Likes

Consistent position sizing is a key to managing risk. Most new developer want to show 25% 50% months early on to attract subscribers. They throw caution to the wind and hold on too long or over leverage the account. both behaviors are not a sign of a professional trader

Does anyone here trade using the Infinity AT trading platform to trade futures? Any problems ever reported?

Ok, please don’t disappear if your expectations will not be fulfilled.

1 Like

I don’t care how much he charges, no results is the main reason. Trade leaders should remember that C2 is not a common trading forum, where they can post their cloud castles about their profits or give advises referring to their trading experience. Show results first, than give advises. No results - keep silence. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@JITF

Hi Mark,

Well forums are generally not a place to “keep silence”. I do have a right to voice my thoughts, concerns, or whatever else as do you.

The good thing about C2 is it’s a market place. Nobody forces you to subscribe to any strategy. If you see value, buy it. If you don’t, nobody forced you to do anything. If you don’t see value in my strategies, I’m completely OK with that. What you’re essentially doing is knocking people for buying something they see value in. That’s similar to knocking someone for the kind of car they drive because you don’t like that car or agree with that car or you personally don’t see value in it. It’s a market. Nobody forced those driving that car to buy it. It’s OK for people to buy that car regardless of your feelings about it.

You don’t see results that’s fine. Just don’t buy the product. Complaining about other people buying things you don’t agree with is a little bit child like.

The way to make money with any strategy here on C2 (not just mine) is to stay consistent. The rule also applies to investors not only traders. You have investors that are consistent and do OK here. Then you have others that scale beyond the leverage they can really afford when the strategy is doing well. Of course every strategy has a drawdown phase. Those same investors that are not consistent with their position sizing generally get caught scaling at the worst time. If they scale at 100% and the strategy is doing well, they go and do something crazy like scale at 500%. Then the strategy has one normal stop out (if the trader even uses stops). Now that investor is out more than is affordable. Then they scale down to the lowest possible scale and miss a recovery. Greed not only works against traders but also works against investors. I generally find that those that aren’t consistent are the ones that lose regardless of what strategy they chose to subscribe to. They’re also the ones that complain the loudest.

If you want to make money with any strategy, not just mine but any strategy, do your research. Find a strategy that you like and stay consistent. Choose an amount you can AFFORD to lose and don’t get greedy when the strategy starts doing well. Similar to a large number of traders that lose, so too can investors lose. They can be subscribed to 10 different strategies. All nicely diversified and all strategies have an overall profit. And yet some investors will find they are down overall with that mix. Don’t get greedy and risk what you can afford to lose and keep it simple. This isn’t rocket science. You just have to get past human emotion and you’ll find your account growing. I’ve had people ask me if they can trade my strategies with $5000. That’s crazy and I was the first one to tell them no. I also told them I’d kick them out if they joined so don’t bother. It’s fine if people have tiny accounts but some strategies are just not for them. I’m sure there are some that accommodate a small account like that. Those are the same guys that scale at 100% and jump to 500% after a string of wins and lose it when there’s one normal stop out. They’re what I call the complainers. I’m happy not having them as customers. Unrealistic expectations. They want to gamble, they’re better off taking their $5000 and splitting it in 10 and betting on red. If they find they’re up, gamble with a portion of the profits and lock up the $5000 they brought. Over leveraging a strategy that’s not right for them or their account size is basically the same thing.

It’s fine if you don’t like me or my strategies or whatever else. I’m OK with that 100%. At least where I live, I do have freedom of speech so telling me to “keep silence” or telling anyone for that matter isn’t going to fly. Who died and made you the boss of controlling what people say and don’t say? Stop complaining and focus on making money. That’s why you’re here right?

Good day

PayoffMatrix why don’t you start your own thread rather than hijacking this thread which is (used to be) dedicated to discussion of the strategy in the thread title.

3 Likes

I just keep responding to people posting about me. I originally gave advice on losing $6000 day trading. Others brought up other things so I simply responded.

Sorry, TLDR except first paragraph. Agree that you have your right to voice whatever you want. It just sounds funny - advice is given by trader who shows average trading.

Talking about stop losses - if you would use short stop loss, say 100$ - 400$, you will do much better for sure. Also trading is not about stop loss only, if you have no edge in your system, then stop loss doesn’t help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

email to platform support:

Response:

And

Me:

Ninja:

The culprit was an indicator. It’s a drawing tool and I used it to put areas of support/resistance on the chart. Apparently a drawing tool is a big no no. It printed almost 800 times in 10 minutes and finally bogged down the entire platform.

It’s not Ninja Trader so I will stick with Ninja and throw away this indicator. A $100 indicator cost me $6000. Should I laugh or cry at the situation?

Please let us know how you will compensate your subscribers for the loss they suffered because of the malfunctioning of your platform.

Send me a PM with your thoughts/ideas.

I think you better stick with 1 or 2 contracts, so that minimize the loss if malfunctioning happen again

The logical solution would be that you do not charge any fees to your existing subscribers until you have recovered the $6,000 loss and you should send out coupons for zero sub fees to your existing subscribers.

I am surprised that you have not done so already and I previously sent you a private message telling you that I am unsubscribing because my renewal is due tomorrow and I don’t want to be charged but I have not heard back from you yet.