$5000 in August

I’d like to go on record with my goal for August before August starts for QuantStat2 Futures (112733962)

-make a minimum of $5000
-trade only ES
-trade exactly once a day
-trade exactly 5 contracts and never add
-do not hold overnight

The system does not add contracts when it’s losing to average to a better price and show a profit
The system does not hold overnight and wait for the market to come back to not show a loss

Since I can’t make offers to subs I’ll just post my goal for the month. I have other strategies I run but use this strategy as my income.

1 Like

Also one thing to add. I do trade my own system but I use X_Trader Pro which is a platform designed for pro traders. C2 does not have the ability to connect to this platform otherwise I would have the TOS designation.

1 Like

Why only once a day? What if big news comes out, that’s against the trend?

1 Like

I run different strategies. This particular strategy is an income strategy where I want to come get my paycheck and leave. I’m looking to hit and run. Obviously if unexpected news comes out and I get stopped out I’m done for the day and come back the next day. I’m looking to fully minimize my exposure with this strategy. I want to make my trade count so I’m not allowing myself to get in and out ten times a day. One and done. I’m not adding contracts to better my price. I’m not holding overnight. I’m basically forcing myself to be ultra disciplined with something like this and all the restrictions. Basically I’m asking is this the trade I’m basing my entire day on. I’m not done trading at that point I’m only done with this account with this strategy. I’m still sitting at my desk until the cash close but trading different accounts with different objectives.

2 Likes

Why are you using XTraderPro to trade strategy once a day??? Last time I was using Pro version, it cost $1200 per month and the main advantage of Pro over regular XTrader was autospreader.

Unfortunately using XTraderPro and pay $1200 per month doesn’t make user a pro Sure, it improves feeling about yourself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Marekj,

I definitely wouldn’t use X_Trader Pro if this was the sole strategy I"m running. The costs are crazy. My broker charges me $1650/month just for the platform. This is before commissions or exchange data fees. If there’s any way for me to cut that huge cost it would be immediately dumped. I’m running black box algorithm auto trading using TT’s ADL and my developer designed it specifically for TT. The way I see it as long as that algo is profitable after costs I’m keeping it. So as a perk I get to use MD ladder and spreader since I have the platform.

1 Like

5es is too much risk for most people to take. second your system cost too much for a new system. if you lower the price down to $25 you would have more sign ups. At this point doesn’t look like anyone is interested. At least give a 30 day free trial.

1 Like

TT3,

Thank you for your feedback. The price is firm to subscribe. I did offer a 30 day free trial when I started but that is no longer available. As you know there will be one trade everyday so I would suggest possibly keeping this on your watch list and checking the trades everyday to see if it fits your criteria. If you are looking for a free trial, I started another strategy very different from this one that is currently offering a free 30 day trial. That strategy ques off my algorithm that trades automatically not exactly but similar. The name is RT Capital (112807670). I don’t see that 30 day trial lasting long either so if you are interested please start your free trial soon. Thanks.

1 Like

I don’t think you understand the audience on C2. you set the system at around 25k. you are targeting people with smaller accounts but trading 5es per position which is extremely risky for an account size this small. On top of that a $200 monthly fee will steer everyone away. If you’re goal is to get people to sign up you’re going about it all wrong. Clearly none of your postings here has gotten anyone to sign up. If you set the price at around $50, you may get 100 people to sign up who are willing to take the risk… Good luck.

1 Like

TT3,

Again thank you for your feedback. Not every trading system will match up well for all investors. I certainly wouldn’t want subscribers that have to take on too much risk to follow my system. Those risk disclosures you see everywhere are actually very important and I’m glad you understand the risk you are willing to accept as most people aren’t paying attention to that. This particular trading system is right for some and not a good fit for others. At this point I can’t change my system to reduce my contract size as you are advising and the economics do not make sense for me to lower my subscription price. I’d rather charge $200 and have a few subs that can really afford that vs 100 subs taking on too much risk and paying me $25. Most people understand that my goal is extremely difficult. It might be easier if I can hold overnight until a position that goes bad comes back. It might be easier if I can just increase my contract size to better my price and get out showing a profit. I’m doing none of that. Add that I’m giving myself exactly one trade a day to accomplish this goal. If someone can accomplish all that with those restrictions I think that person deserves subs paying $200 to trade along side. The main thing to take away though is if my system is too much risk or too expensive I would highly recommend not subscribing.

I do have another system that is somewhat less expensive. Plus I still have a 30 day free trial. I would recommend you start a free trial as you have nothing to lose and see if my style fits with your investing needs. That system is RT Capital (112807670). I will also be taking away that 30 day trial once I have some trades showing some progress so please keep that in mind.

Again that you for your feedback and interest.

1 Like

Again THANK you for your feedback and interest.

1 Like

If you´re always using 5 contracts you wont be able to use compounding. Is that intended or did I get you wrong here? Will you increase ccontract size as the account grows?

Currently you´re scalping 1-3 points every day. How much points is your stop?

1 Like

Hi AlexanderG,

This strategy is designed to only use 5 contracts and not scale up. It’s really designed as an income account. My other strategy RT Capital (112807670) will trade in the more traditional sense. With this kind of account I’m really looking to take a paycheck. Keep what I need to trade properly and take out the profits once a month.

Stops are placed where the trade is invalid so it’s generally not the same tick amount or dollar amount for all trades. My goal also isn’t to just scalp for 1 to 3 points. That being said, with 5 contracts if I only get 1 to 3 points I’m still happy with the dollar amount since it’s a paycheck. If you look at my short from yesterday 7/31 I got in at 2469 and out at 2468. My original target was 2465.50 to get out. So I was looking for a $875 paycheck but would take $250 and still be fine with that amount. A lot of times my stop isn’t hit and I’m not even taking heat on the trade but the market isn’t trading as expected. Those times when it’s not textbook I’m probably looking to take what the market is giving. Also stops are generally tighter on days when there’s an expectation of a trend day vs. a chop day when stops need to be wider. If a market is expected to trend up it should perform that way and on textbook days not look back with smaller pullbacks that don’t allow anyone in. If that’s the expectation of a particular day then stops should be tight and shouldn’t really come into play. A lot of people use the same stop tick amount or dollar amount but around 80% of the time the market is sideways and they’re getting chopped up.

1 Like

All your systems have very short history here, and your profile is empty. You are quite ambitious with your statements. Is there anything you can add? …as an example how long you were trading them in your account. Sure it is impossible to verify but…

1 Like

Hi Paul. Not much to add unless you want to know something specific. I just hit my first loss today that’s never fun. I have a degree in finance. I worked on Wall St from 2002 until April 2010. I’ve been trading since the late 90’s and fully on my own since 2010. I’ve played poker I guess “semi-pro” meaning I could do that full time with nothing else going on and I’d be able to cover expenses. That just comes from records of around 5000+ hours so my hourly rate should be reliable. Married with two young kids. We live in Great Falls, VA. right outside DC. I grew up in Los Angeles.

1 Like

What I hate here is that chart… The developer of the strategy says 5k yes he has few trades - chart shows 26K. What am I missing?

1 Like

I was asking how long did u test your strategy (strategies) with your own money before you published it here. Or this is something you come up recently and it is never was through real time trading? Or just you have tested it via backtest? Thank you for sharing your details of personal life.

1 Like

Sorry I misunderstood the question. I haven’t backtested anything ever. I don’t think I even know how to backtest. I’ve been trading 20 years and I’m profitable overall. This isn’t a new strategy I just came up with specifically for C2. I don’t use any indicators like MACD or RSI. I’m looking at the market the way big funds are looking at the market. They could care less about a pattern that developed on a 1 minute chart. The main concern is getting filled and where the liquidity is available. If you like a price you simply get in. Doesn’t work that way for a big fund that needs to fill big size for clients. I’ll give you a something. If you trade NQ, for tomorrow 8/02/2017 see how the market behaves at 5921.50 and 5956.50. For ES see how the market behaves around 2472.75 and 2480.25. Interested in NG tomorrow? Keep an eye out on 2.868 and 2.891 and 2.775. US 10 year? What’s the market do when it gets to 125 29/32? Russell? 1434.9 might be interesting.

1 Like

This is a very interesting post.

I am very interested in learning how / from where you get your data? [You seem to present them as a fact and not as your speculation.]

Is there some query-able database on C2 about system/subs statistics? Like (some aspects you are alluding to) number of subs per system per longevity of system per subscription cost of system and such?

(Or are you affiliated with C2 and have access to data that mere mortals don’t?)

Thanks a lot!

Joseph

2 Likes

it is based on speculation by viewing recent sign ups on the side menu bar.

1 Like