AutoSync warning e-mails

I would like to know if this is happening to other subscribers, if so, maybe it can be modified. I have been getting a spam load of e-mails from AutoTrade Support. support@tradeintegration.com

This is what they look like:

Our AutoTrade technology attempts to place trades in your brokerage account E4713017 to match the trading systems to which you’ve subscribed. We call this ‘AutoSync Technology’.

There are cases, however, in which we will make several attempts to place a trade in your account, but will have that particular trade rejected a few times by the broker or exchange.

This recently happened when we attempted to place a trade in your MBTrading account for the symbol CHF/JPY, in order to match the trading system called SuperrPips.

And so on…

I believe this is because my account doesn’t match the model account and the system has 3 signals (Limit orders) at the same time thought they might trigger at different times. So auto-trade is trying to sync all 3 in case they trigger, but there isn’t enough buying power for all 3. I was wondering if this is just happening to me or is it common with other subscribers because of how the systems setup its trade signals.

I understand the situation, but should AutoSync be smart enough to stop sending me warnings? or should there be a setting to turn off warnings for insufficient buying power unless it actually triggers and the system has an open position but couldn’t executed because there wasn’t enough buying power!!!

Thanks,

Julio

Hi,

What you could do is enable “hold limit orders on server” in the autotrade setup screen. That way they won’t be sent to your broker until the market reaches the order price.

Francis,

That sounds like it would work, but I don’t see that option. I looked all over the AutoTrade Control Panel and also ran the setup again. Didn’t see that anywhere. Thanks.

Ah, you see, the C2 software is so rich and complex, sometimes even Francis isn’t intimately familiar with its many nuances.

It turns out (I had forgotten this myself) that the “Hold orders on server” is available only for stock-trading systems.

Now, more generally, Julio: you are getting email messages because your AutoTrade software isn’t being allowed (by your broker) to do what you have configured it to do. While it’s possible to envision all sorts of ways to reduce those email alerts (don’t send them as frequently; let you opt out of them) this probably isn’t going to be a first-order development effort for us. Here’s why. There’s a ton of liability associated with NOT informing you of exceptions; but there’s little upside, aside from aesthetics, in letting you not see as many “there is a problem” emails.

My suggestion, for now, is to reconfigure your autotrading setup so as to trade in a way that your broker allows you to trade. I suppose that means scaling your trades so that you have enough available margin to support the trades placed by AutoTrade.

Alternately, you can ignore the emails (annoying, I know), or set up a email-program rule that captures them. This is not recommended, because how will you know when there really is an exception worth looking at?

Best suggestion is to set up your autotrading so that your broker allows you to do whatever it is that your autotrade configuration is telling the software to do.

I know this isn’t the answer you want, but is it feasible?

Matthew,

I completely understand the issue now. I was just wondering if there was an easy out. I have created a rule to move those e-mails to different folder for now. Thanks for all the assistance. At least now I know it can be done on a stock-trading systems. lol.