Autotraders

Is there a way to find out how many subscribers are autotrading a system? Thank you.

Kind of… expand the trade details by clicking the down arrow at the top-right of the “recently closed trades”, then see if there are any little fire symbols to the left of the trades which denote signals that were auto-traded. If you click on this fire symbol you’ll see a list of auto-trades made from which you can get a rough idea of how many auto-traders there are.

Sometimes a large trader will have their trades split into several lots, each of which appears as a separate line. Also if the system vendor is auto-trading their own system then that too appears in the list. Also2, I believe this only counts Gen3 auto-traders but I’m not sure about that.

So the number of subs auto-trading will be at most equal to the number of lines but sometimes (probably usually) less. Hence I say “kind of…”

Yes. Simply click on the down arrow to the right of "Recently Closed Trades" text. It will show you the details of each trade. Then click on the orange icon on any trade and it will show you the number of people that auto-traded that signal. It is very accurate for Forex, no so much for stocks and many stock system are not auto-traded.

There is another way to gauge the number of auto-traders that a system has but it is not comprehensive nor can you search by system.

Go to “System Finder” and it will list some systems that offer free trials. Among the data included is the number of auto-traders each system has. If you are lucky enough to find the system that you are interested in on that list you will have your answer. Unfortunately, only a small number of systems offering free trials is listed and it appears as though it predominately displays systems with positive results (makes sense since who would want to auto-trade a losing system). I have 2 systems that meet this criteria but only one is listed there.

Some of the numbers are eye opening. There is one system listed there which displays 191 auto-traders and charges $400/month (as of the date of this post)! That works out to $76,400/month, not subtracting C2’s fees. This also does not include those who may subscribe and don’t auto-trade. It appears as though having a great performing system can pay some great dividends. I hope this helps. Peace!

Charles

Charles - I want to clarify that the stat in question is not labeled properly. The number of autotraders listed is cumulative, so the 191 you mention (for example) is over the life of the system. I will add some more explanation to that text to avoid misunderstanding. Thanks for raising this.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the quick feedback and for providing some clarification! As a follow up, is there a way to find a list of currently subscribed auto-traders to a system other than the procedures indicated in the earlier messages? If not, is this something that could be added? I think it would be very useful information to developers and potential/current subscribers similar to the "Trades Own System" list.

Also, could you discuss the criteria for appearing on the System Finder list. Your great support is always appreciated. Thanks!

Charles