Bizarre fill

Somehow I managed to sell GBPUSD at 1.8199 today and buy it back 20 minutes later at 1.8598. Obviously the price never got anywhere near 1.8199. This trade never would have happened in real life. C2 has some bugs to work out. The fills happened at 5/28/06 19:35 and 5/28/06 19:55.

In this case, the problem was caused by a series of incorrect ticks in our Forex quote feed. These things will occasionally happen in market simulations, although I make a large effort to build software which is smart enough to filter out many of the bad ticks.

In the future, the best way to report a bad trade is to use the REPORT PROBLEM link within your trading system page.

In any case, I corrected the wrong trade. Thanks for reporting it. - Matthew

"In the future, the best way to report a bad trade is to use the REPORT PROBLEM link within your trading system page."

I disagree. Problems like this are likely to occur without anyone noticing. This particular bad trade was only the most obvious of a series of strange fills that I attributed to your data feed. I’m now thinking that the feed isn’t the problem and that you have a software problem.

You disagree with my request to report problems through the REPORT PROBLEMS link? I’m not sure how to respond to that.

I’m a software developer. The way to get software developers to change their buggy code is to report a bug. You don’t seem to have such a thing here at C2. I don’t want to “report a problem” and have it “fixed” temporarily.

I’ve been having problems like this the whole time I’ve been using C2 and I think some of the “best” systems on C2 are simply the ones which have figured out how to exploit C2’s bugs. This would seem to negate the credibility C2 is trying to achieve.

I understand that programmers need data to convince them that a bug actually exists. I’ve supplied one really good example, but I can recall several others that made me notice that something’s wrong.

Let me give you a hint about how to improve accuracy. Don’t do any processing during the weekend, or whenever the markets aren’t open, such as the recent dual UK/USA holidays. I can’t stand it when I’m in a long-term position and your price feeds fly off in weird directions and stop me out for no reason whatsoever. This is a chronic problem that gives daytrading systems a big advantage with C2. This is dangerous, because daytrading strategies will always lose to long-term strategies due to the frequency of paying fees and spreads.

"This is dangerous, because daytrading strategies will always lose to long-term strategies due to the frequency of paying fees and spreads. ""

While I agree with your assessment of bugs in the C2 software, I’ve found one already that Matt squashed, I disagree with the above statement. Brokers like Oanda who offer tight spreads and commission free trading make daytrading not only profitable but a great source of income. However I digress. :wink:

"I think some of the “best” systems on C2 are simply the ones which have figured out how to exploit C2’s bugs This would seem to negate the credibility C2 is trying to achieve."

Yes, I agree.

"This is dangerous, because daytrading strategies will always lose to long-term strategies due to the frequency of paying fees and spreads."

I strongly disagree. You can trade Eminis through IB for about $2 net

commish and slippage. Some folks out here in the real world have killed the markets in the past with much higher costs than the general public pays now.