The opinions expressed in these forums do not represent those of C2, and any discussion of profit/loss is not indicative of future performance or success. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading. You should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. You should read, understand, and consider the Risk Disclosure Statement that is provided by your broker before you consider trading. Most people who trade lose money.

BrokerTransmit delay

Hi, I am a trade leader and recently made some trades towards the end of day (maybe 2 to 4 minutes before close).

On one account, the Broker Transmit transmitted the trade, but on another, the trade didn’t show up. I assume it was too close to closing.

Two questions:

1. If the trade doesn’t show up, should I now instead make trades say, no more than 5 minutes before closing to be safe? This is less than ideal since the closer I can get to closing the better, but 5 minutes should still be ok.

2. Even if the trade shows up, subscribers using Auto Trade will have some delay too. Do you think 5 minutes before closing or more as a rule is enough to allow all subscribers to properly match the trade?

Thanks! - Tony

Hi Tony,

We only publish filled orders to C2, so if you have a partial fill, it won’t be posted to your strategy until the order is 100% filled. After that, everything happens very fast (generally less than a second).

Ok, that makes sense, thanks!

Back to C2 Platform