The opinions expressed in these forums do not represent those of C2, and any discussion of profit/loss is not indicative of future performance or success. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading. You should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. You should read, understand, and consider the Risk Disclosure Statement that is provided by your broker before you consider trading. Most people who trade lose money.

C2 is not working

Hello! Now I have some problems with Webtrader. He does not work. It does not allow me to choose a contract for trade and place an order. Please explain why so?

1 Like

On mobile version he also not working.

I already missed 4 opportunities because of this and it looks like I have been waiting these trades for all December.
Last week two stop (stop losses) orders didn’t fill, I got additional loss.
Something wrong with C2. It charges us on every step but can not ensure the stable operation of the service.
Support tells: “We fixed”.
But what about losses because stops didn’t fill? What about compensation? (This is a rhetorical question)

What’s go on?

2 Likes

Yes, Daniil, You are right on 100%. Now I am missing a positions, maybe they will be good deals, which I also wait more than one hour or a day. Or about stop orders…
Please, C2 tell us, what is the problems with softs?

Now is Webtrader is turn on.

Back to C2 Platform