C2 support IB F&F advisor account?

I have a F&F advisor IB account with account # start with F. Under the advisor account, I have my account, my wife’s account, and some of our registered account. I would like to connect to C2 to manage portion of my portfolio. When I am setting up the auto-trade, it seems C2 only connect to account # start with U. Am I correct? Or there is another way to make it work.

Thanks,

I would suggest sending this message to support. Might be quicker.

@TonyBi I too have a F&F advisor IB account and use it to run two of my strategies at C2. It is really a great set up. However, you would connect the accounts with a U not an F. For example, I have one F account and 5 U accounts. Support can help you set up one to 3 of your U accounts as the account for BrokerTransmit. Basically I have two IRA’s linked to BrokerTransmit and 2 that are not so I can still deposit money without messing up the account equity etc. Then I have one traditional brokerage account that I can use for auto trading etc.

Hello TonyBi,

I have both a friends and family account as well as individual accounts at IB. The F&F from what I understand from IB is only to manage other accounts. It is not to take trades. My F&F also starts with F and the investor accounts start with U. The U accounts take the trades. F account just has rights to trade those U accounts. If you are registered, the F&F restrictions on 15 accounts gets lifted (just an FYI). So you would need to connect a U account it seems to this platform.

Hope that helps.

Good day

1 Like