Crypto Trading & More

This is going to be big on C2. Let’s talk!

1 Like

So far, the new Crypto funds aren’t doing too well as a group.

Overall, only 2 out of 15 new funds are profitable right now. Of course, that’s partly because Bitcoin has been dropping and the new funds can only go long at the moment. (BTW, there are some older crypto strategies that can go long and short with futures, stocks, or ETFs.)

Yet even the 2 new strategies with positive returns are pretty lackluster.

As I write this Wednesday night, my Crypto Bit strategy is up only 1.8% (with a 1.3% DD) and the number 2 strategy is up 0.3% (with a 2.5% DD).

The annualized returns look better than these trivial cumulative returns, but then annualizing a 2-week return makes little sense.

POSITIVE RETURNS:

|1|Crypto Bit +47.00% annualized return

|2|FlightSchool Crypto +7.10% annualized return

NEGATIVE RETURNS:

|3|Crypto Gains -13.00% annualized return

|4|Beat Bitcoin -37.90%

|5|Crypto Tradex -42.30%

|6|BTC drkg -42.80%

|7|SnoopDoge50 -43.70%

|8|Crypto Trend Following -49.50%

|9|UNIDay10 -65.10%

|10|CRYPTOLOGY -65.50%

|11|Cryptomanic -70.80%

|12|Sentiment -89.40%

|13|SnoopDoge -90.80%

|14|Matej Crypto -97.00%

|15|Crypto Index -99.60%

In my opinion, this new class of strategies (directly trading crypto-coins) will be profitable here only if (1) shorting is possible, or (2) crypto-coins rise sharply in value.

FYI, Two of My Crypto and Bitcoin Related Strategies:

If you’re gonna short it to 0, I’m in. :+1:

1 Like

I’m basically trend following, with contrary daily nibbles based on daily factors. So if one would be allowed to go long or short, my strategies nonetheless won’t work well if there are up and down moves lasting only a few weeks (whip-sawing), but might work well if there are longer-term up or down moves lasting a couple months or longer.

And, as noted above, there is no shorting of the coins themselves at C2, though one can short the futures in a non-coin strategy.

Good stuff. I know this space is evolving on C2. I’ve asked to have history for alrcoins loaded into seetu for back testing purposes. Very curious also when/if short selling will be added.

1 Like