Free sites

first things first mathews site is truelly unique

yet there are several free trading platforms out there

what you wont find with them ( i am not going to post them out6 of curtousy ) you wont find them to analise your trading the way collective 2 does . also futures trading u wont find . yet stock and stock indesx u will find . so they are out there if u look but u wont find the same things as here . the down falli feel is for mathew .

the site is good and it cost money to build a site and it cost for data feeds . yet most people who come here are looking for ways to work there systems . i might be wrong yet i dont see that many people following or paying for other systems . unfortunately mathew is a bit behind i think . if he had done this site in 1998 i would think the euphoria of the stock mkt would have worked to his advantage . yet now we can see the weak volume in the mkt as people are loosing intrest in stocks . so to make a long story short

even though it makes financial sence to charge for this service

it wont pay the bills and most likely we will all loose out .

the only way to make this work is if all of us were to send out 10 to 20 emails to all of our trading friends , get all of them to sign in and hit the site . by doing that the hit rate will increase and the search engines will pick up the site . secondly if we can get enough people to help get keep the site up then i would think the overall cost per person would be lower . no matter how you work it it is tough to get a site up and running as well as getting it to pay for itself . by getting the hit rates up and also getting the search engines to pick it up mathew would then be able to get more advertising . also if there are people intersted we could create a group , in doing that we could in effect create a system that

takes a bit of everyones systems and blend them all toghther . in doing so we could create a newsletter and sell the newsletter and show the historical trading history . bottom line there are many ways to make the site work yet how many people out there are interested in putting in the time and effort to help bring in people .

the idea behind the site was for us to sell our systems and help people make money . yet from what i see most are paper trading and using the site to test in real time there own stradigies .

Joe:

>yet there are several free trading platforms out there

Not true. :slight_smile: Most of the websites I found were from 2002, now defunct. If you can email me 3 websites where you can trade stocks, options and futures for free (not just as a trial period) in real time, I will send you $100.

> yet now we can see the weak volume in the market as people are loosing intrest in stocks .

I actually see this as an advantage. Any moron could make money in a bullmarket as it was in 1998. Now that the market goes sideways or down, the need for winning trading systems is bigger than ever.

I do agree that we could help Matt with promoting the website, and I will do it in the stock newsgroup once I have another big hit under my belly.

The problem is, that since the idea of the website is based on the average investor/trader, you have to think with their mindset. So if most people trade stocks, the website needs stocktraders. If most people can not sit beside the monitor during market hours, the website needs traders with at least a few days holding periods, so subscribers have time to react, (or use the auto feature if they trust it).

According to statistics, only 1% of the average investor understands options, so having a bunch of good option traders not going to solve the website’s problem. The same with futures.

That’s why I don’t care about gold/silver futures tradable for 24 hours, because Average Joe only going to sign up for something what he understands. Seriously, how many of the investing people trades those futures, specially 24 hours???

I don’t think Matt needs lot of traders. But he needs a variety of traders, so a subscriber has a choice.

P.S.: The website did show up on Yahoo, although I used the “open system trading platform” as searchwords, and those are the ones that nobody would use…

I CAN GIVE YOU STOCKS AND OPTIONS SITES ( THAT ARE FREE )YET THE FUTURES IS THE TOUGH ONE . I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT THE OVER NIGHT SESSIONS . YET THERE ARE TIMES WHEN THEY MAKE SENSE TO TRADE . I DO TRADE OVERNIGHT YET NOT VERY OFTEN . THE GENERAL LACK OF INTREST OF THE STOCK MKT IS NOT WHAT I CONSIDER A GOOD OMEN . I MAY BE WRONG YET IT IS WHAT I THINK . SO IT MAY SEEM LIKE THE NEED FOR A GOOD SYSTEM WOULD HELP PEOPLE YET WHEN THEY ARE LOOSING MONEY BECAUSE OF BAD MONEY MANAGEMENT THEY TEND TO GIVE UP AND THAT IS WHAT I THINK IS HAPPENING . CHECK OUT THE MSG BOARDS ON YAHOO THEY HAVE REALLY DRIED UP . LAST YR THE AVE MSG LASTED A COUPLE HOURS AT BEST . NOW I SEE THE SAME MGS FOR DAYS . THIS IS A TREND WE SHOULD ALL PAY ATTENTION TO . NOW IF THE MKT WAS TO BREAK OUT TO THE UPSIDE THEN ID THINK THE BOARDS WOULD PICK UP YET IF THIS MKT HEADS LOWER THEN THE CONTINUING LACK OF INTREST MAY GET WORSE . EVEN THE NASDAQ IS PROMOTING MORE AND MORE . SO IT MAY BE GOOD FOR A FEW OF US OVER ALL IT IS A BAD SIGN .