Import your broker account track record into Collective2

We’re opening up the beta test of “Broker Import” to anyone who wants to give it try.

Broker Import lets you import an already-existing brokerage track record into Collective2. We support popular brokers such as Ameritrade, Etrade, Fidelity, and Schwab.

There are still some important limitations on the technology. Currently we support only stocks and options. (Futures and forex are coming soon.)

And Interactive Brokers is currently not supported, although we hope to add it in the near future.

Give Broker Import a try, and let us know how it works for you:

collective2.com/broker-import

Matthew,

Can you put a start date on the Broker Import?

For example, I have an account at TD Ameritrade that’s about 20 years old, but I only have traded one of my ETFstrategies in it for the past 2 years. Prior to that date, I just had individual stock investments in the account with no particular strategy.

Jim

No, you cannot cherry-pick which time period to import. You have to import the maximum available time period. That said, every broker has a different maximum look-back period. Ameritrade’s period may be more than ten years (we’re still figuring out how far back the data visibility is for each broker).

But you’ll have a chance to see what your record looks like before publishing it (and before using a trade leader plan slot).

Will Broker Import earn a TOS designation?

Do you need a Premium Trade Leader Plan to do Broker Import or can you have a $39 monthly plan?

Jim

For the new Broker Import feature:

• No Trades-Own-Strategy designation will be given. TOS is reserved for those strategies which can be verified as TOS going forward (not in the past). Which isn’t to say you don’t trade your own strategy; rather C2 cannot verify this at the broker you use

• No, a Premium Plan is not required

Check it out.

Will the IB support come this year and can i already see imported strategys? In the grid i cant search for it.

When you ask “will IB support come this year” – if you mean the upcoming year 2018, then almost certainly. If you mean the remaining 11 days of this year, then no.

Currently there is no searching for Broker Import strategies, but that’s a good idea and we will get to that soon.

Ok. So I have sent few days ago an email with questions to the sender of the email advertising Brokerimport but the email remained unanswered so I am going to post here the remaining questions I have:

• How are adjusted the performance of the account imported in case of withdrawals?

• Once the account track records has been imported there are some requirements to feed the strategy or We can use the interface we want?

• I noticed that to import the track records through the process above mentioned is required to provide username and psw of Tradestation. I have done previously the same with other 3rd party providers but I have not been ask to provide my login data, just administration rights to see the statements. Since there are a lot of sensible data would not be more appropriate follow the same process contacting directly TS?

• Finally a question which I am interested in quality of investor: How can be sure that using this process wouldn’t allow trade leaders to import track records which have been built using strategies of developers here in C2? Do You have some policy to avoid this?

Regarding the new Broker Import feature, here are answers to your questions:

How are adjusted the performance of the account imported in case of withdrawals?

Cash withdrawals and additions are “backed out” of the your brokerage account track record so that they do not appear. This sometimes means starting capital in the C2 Model is adjusted upward in order to maintain a positive equity in the account. (For example: if you added an additional $100K to your account three times over many years, in order to keep a positive broker account balance, C2 instead adds that $300K amount to the starting capital at the beginning of the track record, rather than in the middle of the track record.)

Once the account track records has been imported there are some requirements to feed the strategy or We can use the interface we want?

You can use whatever method you want to continue your track record once the historical portion has been imported.

I noticed that to import the track records through the process above mentioned is required to provide username and psw of Tradestation. I have done previously the same with other 3rd party providers but I have not been ask to provide my login data…

We do require account credentials to retrieve your data. That is how our solution is designed and it will not change at this time.

How can be sure that using this process wouldn’t allow trade leaders to import track records which have been built using strategies of developers here in C2?

That is not something we check at this time.

Interesting, once you support IB and futures/forex too it will be relevant for me.

Are there any updates for IB?

Matthew, When will Broker Import work with futures?

Thanks!
Jim

We’re still waiting for promised enhancements by our vendor which supplies the underlying data import technology. No announcement yet.