Is the AutoTrading fee structure changing?

The following is a statement made by MatthewKlein Aug '16:
To enable AutoTrade, you can pay C2 a single monthly fee of $99. This is a software license, which gives you access to AutoTrading software. This AutoTrading fee does not change, based on your account size, trade frequency, etc. It is $99.

Also, under supported brokers you can find the following:
We support a growing list of brokers, and many new ones will be added soon. Remember that the broker you choose will depend on what kind of strategy you want to trade. To trade a forex strategy, you’ll need a broker that allows forex trading, for example.
C2 Broker Partners let you AutoTrade as much as you like, as often as you like, for one flat monthly $99 AutoTrade fee.
No per-trade AutoTrade charges. (Of course regular broker commissions apply.)

And now I find this:Select your AutoTrade Plan
You currently have the following plan: AutoTrade Software License (Legacy Plan).
You currently have an old-fashioned “Legacy” AutoTrade Plan. We’re changing the price of AutoTrade plans to make them more affordable for most people.
Some changes you’ll see below:
We’ve introduced a low-cost choice for people who AutoTrade only one strategy.
With the new plans, you can AutoTrade in multiple broker accounts with one plan.
With the new plans, you can slash the monthly cost by using annual billing.

…

So tomorrow on 2017-08-28 17:03:35 my autotrade license will go up 200 dollars? It states that if I prefer not to be switched into a new plan, you can turn off auto-renewal of your plan. Does this mean that nothing will then be autotraded after 2017-08-28 17:03:35?

Hi, Huck:

Yes, we changed our AutoTrade Plans several months ago. New customers have been using the new plans and prices since that time. However, long-time members such as yourself have continued to enjoy “grandfathered” plans and prices since then.

First things first: No one who is an old customer paying for a legacy (old-style) monthly plan, such as yourself, will have his or her price raised automatically without his explicitly signing up for a new-style plan. (That includes you.) So, no, tomorrow your price will not automatically go up.

But we are working with long-time customers to move them to the new pricing plan. I’ll reach out to you by email to work out a timeline that works for us both.

Matthew, Thanks for the quick reply. Huck

What’s next Matthew? Are you planning to phase out manual trading?

I also got a similar e-mail and spent some time on-line with a C2 rep.

As the page I go in the e-mail:
…/autotrade-plans

does not contain (yet?) what I learned, here it is (I think it is relevant):

Parallel(??) to these changes autotrade scale limits change as follows:
For the ‘1 system’ plan max scale is 100%.
For the 3 system max scale (for each of the 3): 300%
For 5 systems 500%
and 5+ plan it is 1,000%

HTH

Joseph

[Me think it should have been announced.]

why all the changes, first the limit to 500% on scale. This really hurts people will bigger accounts. If a system is valued at only 10k how will users trade it big? This jump in autotrade fee is huge. Please reward old customers by keeping them at this price forever. thanks

Regardless of the move itself (I probably will write a longer rant about that later), the pricing itself is incorrect.

1 systems is $50.
3 systems is $100, this comes out $33/system. This is correct, volume discount principle (practice.)
5 systems is $200, this comes out $40/system. This is incorrect. It costs more per system than the 3-pack. Also how is it possible (explainable) that a 5-pack costs as much as a 3-pack + 2 singles? [As a matter of fact if we add back the $1 rounding than it costs more.]

The 5-pack should be priced $150 [and the 5+ pack $200?] By logic. I understand that it goes against greed. Logic does that sometimes.

1 Like

The new fee is unfair for users with large account, I have to pay double the c2 fees because I had to open 2 accounts because of the 500% limit on scaling. How about moving the scaling limit to 1000%

Hi, TT:

Yes, your suggestion is close to how the new pricing works.

Under the “old” AutoTrade, everyone paid $99 / month and scaling was capped.

In the “new” plans, the 5-strategy plan supports 500% scaling, and the unlimited-strategy plan supports 1,000% scaling.

I agree we need to make fact this more obvious on the web site.

Where is the link to the unlimited strategy plan that supports 1000%, Need that link right on the front page.

Please send link to new price plan.

Matthew. For the new plan $99. 3 strategies. Is this mean, we can use for each strategy is up to 300% scale or the total scale for 3 startegies is 300%?

So how about the legacy plan? I saw each model there is limit 100% but maximum scaling is 500%. Is this means, the legacy plan can use 5 different models but limit each model is 100% ?

When we say “Max scaling is 300%” that means that each individual strategy can be scaled up to 300%.

As a developer, why would you want anyone scaling 300%, 500% or above unless the fees paid scale up proportionately?

Just to be sure , with the most expensive plan, I can scale each strategy at 1000% each. Is this correct?

Yes, this is correct.

If I subscribe to the 5-pack and during the month I stop autotrading 2 systems and the remaining 3 systems are scaled <= 300%: will my subscription fee automatically reduced next month? If not, but I ask nicely, will it be reduced? In general: can I upgrade/downgrade my plans as I see it fit or I am locked in for some time (or yearly changes are limited to 3 or must be announced 6 weeks ahead or any other constraints like this)?

Do you have plans to change the minimum scale as well? What is it at present? Is it plan/size/fee-independent?

Thanks.

No, we do not automatically downgrade you. If you sign up for a 5-Strategy plan, you will be billed for that plan until you explicitly choose to downgrade to a 3-Strategy plan.

You can downgrade at any time, nad the downgrade becomes effective at the moment of your next transaction. (I.E. If you downgrade during the 25th day of a monthly plan, your downgrade becomes effective after another five days.)

So this implies you shouldn’t sign up for annual billing if you think you will want to upshift and downshift your plans.

can you add the tab on the simulation page so we can see open positions on the systems we subscribe too. I currently don’t see it on the new c2 page.