Looking for Beta Testers: System Constraints

C2 System Vendors with an adventurous streak -

Will you help me test a new feature we will be rolling out slowly? The feature is called “System Constraints.” It lets system developers commit to certain risk control paramaters (e.g. “I promise to maintain a stop loss of 2.5% for each open position,” or “I promise never to open a single position worth more than 10% of system capital,” or “I promise that all open positions in total can never consume more than 20% of capital.”) C2 will enforce these constraints automagically within your system. (That is: we will apply stops, close positions in violation, etc.)

Now, when the feature is turned on “officially,” system vendors who choose to use this feature (remember, it is optional) will need to commit to their risk control parameters. When the feature is really turned on in earnest, once a system vendor chooses parameters, he can’t change them until: a) all subscribers agree, or b) seven days pass – whichever comes first. This gives subscribers a chance to unsubscribe if they don’t like your new risk controls.

But this is a tricky feature, and it is still in very early Beta Testing. So, for now, system vendors can set up their system constraints, and – during the test period – they will be able to change them or turn them off at any time, without delay. Also, subscribers and potential subscribers will not be able to see (or even know about) your constraints, since they are not truly “constraining” during this test period.

So, if you have some time and a bit of courage (courage because frankly there may be bugs in the software), please try out the Constraints feature and let me know how it goes for you.

System vendors - you can set up your System Constraints by going to the ADMIN menu of your system and clicking "Constraints."

Feedback (and bug reports) will be welcome.

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

I will send you an email; this sounds good – and should work well with what I do. I will have to look at it’s flexibility – but it sounds interesting and useful. More via email.

- Carlton

[LINKSYSTEM_51201525]

Matthew,

The idea sounds interesting and valuable.

I tried it out, putting a constraint on my OS Long Only 2, but I (and I assume my subscribers) received almost 30 duplicate signal emails for the 1 security I had open.

I had to remove the constraint.

Well, that was certainly an impressive launch to our beta test!

The issue you uncovered (actually caused by our using a delayed read-only database instead of our live up-to-date database) has now been fixed.

Thanks for the heads up.

After I removed the constraint, I received 200 duplicate emails. (actually 199). I’m a little nervous to try again :slight_smile: