New AutoTrade Setup Wizard Online

I’m pleased to announce that the new AutoTrade Setup Wizard (version 3.0 officially) is available for public beta testing. (It will be the screen you see by default when you click Set Up AutoTrading on the left-side menu. If you hate the new screen or just don’t feel like trying it, there is a link available from there back to the old page.)

I hope you will be as pleased with the new AutoTrade Wizard as I am. We’ve tried to use the experience we’ve gained over the past five years in order to simplify the AutoTrade configuration process. One of the biggest advances you’ll see is that the software helps you set up quantity scaling for complicated systems that leg in and out of trades. You’ll also see a dynamic list of the trades that your account would have made, given your configuration choices. The screen is dynamic – meaning that, as you change things, the trade list gets updated automatically.

As with all new software, there may be rough edges, so please email me or post problems here. When in doubt, you can always use the older screen.

Matthew

Where is the feature to turn Auto Synch on and off? Does Auto Synch automatically turn off when I, for example, at OEC’s window manually exit a position? This is what happens right now and this is the way I want it to be so that I can continue manipulating the trade from that point on, because trying to do the same thing from the Trade Status page often does not work at all or only with great delay.

When you set up trading for a system, AutoSync is automatically turned on. If you manually re-jigger your positions, AutoSync will be turned off. Any time AutoSyc is off, a red flag will appear beside the system name (in the first screen of the new AutoTrade Setup Wizard) and the screen will invite (encourage!) you turn on AutoSync again.

So, in other words, if you don’t see the red “AutoSync Off” warning flag next to your system name when you go to the Wizard screen, then assume AutoSync is on.

Sounds good - I like the new feature of showing the hypothetical results for the last month.

One small hitch: When I change the quantity ( number of futures or amount of dollars for stock systems) for more than the system requires, for safety purposes, I still get the warning in the small box underneath saying that the hypothetical result do not show all the trades because of the quantity restrictions but in fact all the hypothetical trades are shown. That does not really bother me.

Another small hitch: When I set up the parameters for one system and than try to do the same for another one I have to log out and in again otherwise the hypothetical results of the previous system will show up. Again that does not bother me.

One more thing: Can you please give me some examples of systems where you can set up quantity scaling for "complex systems which leg in and out of trades".

wouldn’t hurt to include the “report problem” link when you announce new features like this…

Hi all,

thanks for renewing the autotrading setup. Mmm, well, now I have to alter my tutorial as well :-D…

Now, I noticed several new subscribers last week for my trading system. However, they are ‘set-up’ but they are not yet ‘demo trading’ as it shows in the detailed view. What did they do wrong? Didn’t they confirm the autotrade form? I’d like them to trade along asap.

Thank you

Martijn [LINKSYSTEM_30908425]

Any ideas? anyone? Why are my new subscribers still on set up and not yet demo trading?

thank you

The issue is that the traders in question have set up their demo autotrading accounts at Gain Capital and we are still waiting for Gain’s official “turn on” approval. All is awaiting Gain’s final review - even demo accounts.

For customers that don’t want to wait for Gain, they should open free demo accounts at FXCM instead.

Hi Matthew,

Hmm, strange, I asked most of these clients to use the FXCM demo.

I did the test by the way, setting up again with an FXCM/Bulldog demo. Went to check the balance after autotrading pop-message was OK: nothing. start $5000 flat. No sync. Now, it’s a demo, so I won’t expect to see any change yet, correcto?

So, that same try out demo account in my subs list shows only ‘demo setup’. (no trading) like the other ones.

>>>>>>>HOWEVER,

in the current trade permissions screen of that seperate C2 account, it showed a balance of about $5200! So it is trading, but just not in FXCM/BulldogFX yet…??

I just don’t have any idea my clients have any trading going on or not.

Thanks

The AutoTrade Setup page does not show you your brokerage account balance (whether that brokerage account is real or demo), so I think you are misinterpreting the $5,200 number.

To get your own personal demo account up and running, I think you need to contact your rep at BulldogFX, who is your IB for your account. I’ll relay your message to Bulldog so that they can help service you.

Hi,

I think this is a new step backward as the previous version was also a step backward. So I’ll continue to “punish myself” with the orginal version. Here is some feedback:

1. Lot size specification for Forex seems to be missing.

2. Do I really have to click thru 5 steps to change my scaling? Maybe I just didn’t find a way to do it in this interface. Everything is so plain and simple in the original one.

thanks,

- Panu

1. Lot size specification is indeed missing, since most gen3 traders are now using minilots (10,000 units). That’s good feedback… I’ll add it to an “Advanced” configuration screen.

2) You can jump to any step you like by clicking the numbers 1 through 5 at the top of the screen. You do not need to click through all five numbers in sequence. I should probably make that more clear.
  1. Thanks.

2) I’ve tried with Opera 9.52 and IE 7.0: it says “You need to choose your broker account first.” when I click number 4 box even when the system is selected. Even if it worked you need a lot of clicking to see the same info (for all systems) what you see immediately in the original version.