New C2 homepage ticker feature

Errrr, I like it although its both addictive and somewhat pointless to watch at the same time. I especially enjoyed trying to flood it with the same thing by clicking on one system again and again.

I think noting when somebody logs in (if they are not a system vendor) is not appropriate since it is revealing information that is not otherwise not available on the site.

Can you include fill prices in the trades as well and/or timestamp them?

I can’t provide real-time fill prices since that might be construed as providing real-time quotes (even though it would be quite impossible to use the fill prices in any meaningful way).

Finally, do you really think it’s a valid privacy concern to worry about the ticker indicating when someone logs in to the site? It’s like showing up in a public space: people notice when you walk in the room. Hardly seems intrusive…

"Finally, do you really think it’s a valid privacy concern to worry about the ticker indicating when someone logs in to the site?"

Before the introduction of this feature, people could register with their real names and never have it exposed to the general site population as long as they never posted in the forums.

I suspect that some, if not many, would not like their real names being posted each time they login but I could be wrong.

I have never considered logging into a site (even a BBS-type site) the same as walking into a public space.

Maybe you should follow the lead of BBS sites and allow each user to specify their preference for being “seen” when they enter in their user profile.

OK. I’ll look into making this a user-selectable option.

I agree about not desiring being seen. Anymore than I need anyone following us into the bathroom…

Nor am I thrilled about having name used publicly. Already had one nutcase who tried to figure out where I live…

In fact, this is the only forum I ever attended, that used complete names. These days with identity theft, spam, and other things, I wish C2 would stop doing it!!!