Out of sync

I have an open position with Bulldog. The vendor does not have any open positions. On Trade Status there is no open position. I closed autotrading with Bulldog (emergency button) and the position is still there. I have only read-only access so I can not close it manually. I would not mid about a not closed trade but it’s in the red as of this writing. Yes, I did write matthew.

I am still out of sync and have an open position that I can’t close

5 hours now and waiting. Could someone please look into this and give a response?

Alexander, please log in to your FXCM account through the FXCM Trading Station software and close your position. In the meantime I will look into what happened.

Thank you, it is closed now

Matthew, just in case it happens again - I logged in to my FXCM account through the Trading Station II (MyFXCM). This leads to "My Profile". There, I see my account Information but I don´t see a way to close any trades. I guess I missed something. Thank you,

alex

You can close trades through the FXCM Trading Software itself, not through the FXCM web site. If you need some help, probably the best place to get it is through FXCM or BulldogFX (support@bulldogfx.com).

But on a general level: once you open the Trading Station II software, you’ll see a window with all your positions. You can then select the one you want to close.

<<once you open the Trading Station II software, you’ll see a window with all your positions. You can then select the one you want to close. >>

No, I have tried that (right click on the trade) but the “close” function was not active (grey)

The FXCM autotrading accounts are read-only, you cannot trade manually.

In this special case we needed to intervene, but in general if you need to make adjustments you should use the Trade Status C2 page, and if there is an emergency you can go flat by disabling autotrading for one or all your systems.

Hi Francis,

<< and if there is an emergency you can go flat by disabling autotrading for one or all your systems. >>

I tried that - no luck. The position didn´t close

alex

Just had a friendly conversation with Chris Wilt from Bulldog FX. This event was caused by a shutdown and restart of the FXCM server. It was unique so far and will not happen again, since his IT people added some code to prevent this.

alex