Please, help on TOS for three IB accounts?

I am a new Trade Leader posting anonymously so as to not look as if I am promoting my strategies. I have three accounts with Interactive Brokers and cannot free move money between them because one is a Margin account, one is a roth, and one the roth of my spouse.

I have three strategies that I want to publish and I want all to have the TOS badge. None of the accounts have enough money in them to efficiently trade all three strategies inside it. Currently I am using brokerTransmit for two strategies and AutoTrade for one allowing me to have TOS for all three. I would like to AutoTrade all three and get rid of brokerTransmit because I can more easily do cloud computing for my algorithm rather than a local machine that could lose power etc. The only way I know how to do this is to create three trade leader accounts and assign one brokerage account to each. Am I understanding this correctly? That would be way more than I want to spend.

email Matt directly and workout a deal with him.

HC92 -

Let me try to summarize what I think you want to do. Tell me if I understand correctly:

• You currently have three different broker accounts.

• You want to be the Trade Leader for three different strategies.

• As a Trade Leader, you want each of your strategies to earn the Trades-Own-Strategy badge.

• However… you do not want to use BrokerTransmit to “drive” your strategies. Rather, you will instead AutoTrade your own strategies (just a like a regular subscriber would), thereby garnering the Trades-Own-Strategy badge.

Unless I am missing something, there is nothing stopping you from doing this.

Here are the steps:

• Be a Trade Leader with a Premium Plan. This allows a single Trade Leader to manage three strategies.

• Separately, under the same account, sign up for an AutoTrade Plan that allows you to AutoTrade three strategies.

• Now, set up AutoTrade to follow all three of your own strategies. After you’ve followed enough of your own trade signals, you will receive TOS certification for each strategy.

In summary, you can manage the entire process under one single Collective2 user login. There is no need to sign up for separate accounts. (You will need to sign up for both an AutoTrade Plan and a Trade Leader Plan, so the cost will be a bit higher than if you simply used BrokerTransmit to become Trades-Own-Strategy certified. But what you want to do is achievable, I think.)

1 Like

First thank you for always being so helpful and having made this site in the first place. I think you understand what I want to do exactly. I didn’t realize I could connect the AutoTrades to 3 different brokerage accounts under the same collective2 account. I really appreciate your help. Once I change over some of my coding for my automatic trade signals to send orders to collective2 instead of sending them to IB i will likely do that and just fork over the extra money to AutoTrade rather than BrokerTransmit. I assume there must be extra hosting costs etc. for Collective2 to provide AutoTrading as compared to BrokerTransmit and this is why BrokerTransmit is free but AutoTrade is not? As long as I can connect strategy 1 to IB account 1, strategy 2 to IB account 2, and strategy 3 to IB account 3, then yes it is achievable - just a bit more expensive. Thank you for helping me understand.

There are no plans to remove the ability to call a specific URL to place and check signals statuses is there?