Profitablity tracking

Being that some vendors are tracking daily profits from a position still open in an account from several weeks or months ago, one signing up for a trial will not get at all accurate result of profit for a new subscriber? So the months showing profitability can be misleading

Collective2 includes both open and closed trades in all statistics and results, including the monthly returns table, the strategy Model Account equity chart, and all summary statistics.

In other words, it doesn’t matter if the Trade Leader closes a trade or not. The trade results are still included in all calculations.

my point was that unless someone chooses to enter a previous trade, which many times may not be ideal, one would not have a way of knowing what a true p and l is going forward?

You are right, if a subscriber does not enter all positions of the trade leader he will not have the same results. That´s quite trivial.
Other than that the displayed monthly performance numbers and the performance chart is tracking the model account equity so it´s correct and realistic by all means.
Future performance can not be anticipated so either the subscriber follows the signals or he doesn´t (that includes open positions). But mixing signals and your own judgement will always produce different outcomes.

Daniel,
This is probably true if positions are open for a long time. But many vendors here have a shorter term model. What you should also look at is the profitability using different brokers. You can switch easily but be sure to press the f5 button to get an accurate recalculation.

Sometimes in a system, an auto-trader will not get filled, or will get filled at a very different price from the “trade”. This difference can be very significant. I suspect it is because the trade is a phantom one - i.e. a buy limit was hit (fill when touched), but no shares available, so it looks like a trade happened, but no one was filled.

Can this be fixed by forcing the selection of “wait for auto-trader” if the system has any auto-traders?

Matt?