QuantStat2 Futures MISSED the goal

On any particular trade I fully understand that I have just as much chance to get stopped and accept that without emotion. But overall for say the month I expect more out of myself.

Expectations are good, getting upset not so good, perhaps more meditation will help.

3 Likes

I lost 5k since joining, it is what it is, but very disappointing

Yes clearly in a DD period. You joined with 2 accounts both on 8/24/2017. Your first trade was 8/25/2017. You are down $1789 for that period in one account. The second account you cancelled on 9/25/2017. For that account you’re up $3511. I can see the scaling %. So combined through today you’re actually up $1722.

Either way clearly there’s a disconnect with my signals. I will hold off on taking further live trades until this is resolved. I will be monitoring the signals myself and once I’m comfortable they’re working properly again I will resume normal operations.

You really should back off the short trades right now, market breadth is unstoppable at the moment.

I’m backing off everything. I won’t be taking trades live until my signals start working again. I’ll monitor them and once I’m comfortable they’re working properly I’ll at that point resume taking live trades.

1 Like

the market is melting up

If you won’t be taking live trades anymore do you think we can get a carry forward for the fee we paid already?

Not taking live trades should not last a month. I should resume normal operation within the month but at this point it’s to everyone’s benefit that I test these signals. I’d be glad to give you the signals everyday and you can decide what to do with them while I’m testing them. PM me if you’re interested.

Well… yeah. The signals don’t work anymore?

For the duration of emergency system shutdown or trader on tilt staying away from running the strategy, the money paid by subscribers for that duration needs to be reimbursed. You can do this by lowering the subscription fees to reflect such ‘reimbursement’.

Reimbursement? He can easily stop trading saying “not happen, maybe next time” and open another account under different name. But he is responsible guy, he is testing signals for everyone’s benefit. And you can have an honor to participate in this testing. This very responsible approach should be paid well, maybe even subscription increase should be considered.

Honestly, I don’t see any emergency. Win rate is simply going to average 60-70%, this is normal for traders. Also for 5 contract trading his $ drawdown is quite small.

For those interested in following the progress of the signal testing. Feel free to monitor or subscribe to this test account.

test QuantStat2 Futures (114060852)

correction. this is the correct test account.

test QuantStat2 Futures (114060944)

There seems to be some confusion because I’m getting asked the same question from several people. If you would like you are welcome to subscribe to this test account. There is no charge and the signals are exactly the same as you would get from QS2. I’m just sending the signals here to make sure things are working properly. Once I feel comfortable they are indeed working as they should I will shut down this test account. But until then yes you are able to subscribe if you would like at no charge. Hopefully that clears up all the questions. You do not need to be a current subscriber of QS2 to subcribe to this test account. That was another question I was getting. Just understand this account will be shut down once testing is done.

I think that’s a good idea. Current paying subs should get 1 free month while system is in testing mode.

1 Like

UGCJ39467

Free month to QuantStat2 Futures. Anyone welcome to use it not just current subs. Expires Monday morning 9am.

I’m not concerned about offering a free month. The main objective is to make sure the signals are working properly. If they’re not working it wouldn’t matter if it’s free or not. Either way there you go.

I don’t know whether to take you more seriously, or less seriously, in admitting your signals are broken. Either way, I wish you the best. It looks like we entered another melt up bull leg phase, in that case just buy and clip.

Enjoy your weekend.

1 Like

Only time will tell what’s going on with these signals. Today I got in short 9:37am @ 2544.75 for the test account. The original exit order was 2541.25 and that was submitted at 9:37 when the market was nowhere near that price. The market low was one tick higher. I made a decision to take the trade off. So even though the trade was profitable the exit logic was still off.

Out of the last 4 losing trades for QS2, the first 3 were in profit of $688, $625, and $250 and every single one of those became a loser. But if you look at a chart and the time I entered you’ll see we had those profits at some point.

It seems like the issue is with the exit logic. The entire trade life cycle from entry to exit to stops is a quantitative statistical formula. So It’s all math based. For now testing will have to continue until the exit portion of the algo gets resolved.

Testing took place in the account below today. This was testing the exit side where the entry was 3 contracts with 2 fixed exits and stops adjusted every time an exit fill took place. The final contract did not have a fixed exit price. A little different than QS2 but I’m testing the exit logic.

exit Logic (114097192)