RT Capital stats

Hi guys,

I’d like to invite new subs to try my strategy under the free trial. My stats are going to be off today. I got in a position and the platform did NOT get me out where I set my stops. I did email support and they looked at the issue and confirmed it was a platform issue and I should of been out. They confirmed this in an email. Again I’m inviting people to take the trial for free. Don’t trade along just see how the signals fit your investing needs. You have nothing at risk. No obligation it’s free to try. I know a lot of you guys look at the stats and I’m not really sure what to do. C2 cannot go back and get me out of positions where I intended. In the email they asked me to re-submit my stops. But that would get me out at market not where I intended. I know a lot of people signed up for the free trial already and I don’t want to lose future business because of stats that are not accurate. I’m not a person that is afraid of taking a loss that’s why I set stops. I understand it’s part of trading. I know my strategy is profitable and am not worried about a loss here or there. If you guys sign up for the free trial you’ll see how accurate the signals are. Yesterday I did NOT get filled on this and cancelled the signal but I set my profit target for a short 6SU7 at 1.0259. The market hit a low of 1.0261. Two ticks away. We didn’t get filled and I cancelled the signal because of the FED minutes but my signals are pretty accurate like that across the board. This particular signal was sent the night before around 9pm when the market was over 1.03 and did not hit that low for another 12 hours. Was it a lucky guess that I told my subs to get out there for profit? My signals are this accurate for a lot of the products I trade. I always send out entry, stop, and profit targets. Exacts prices so you guys can monitor and make sure you’re filled. Several times my signals hit the exact high or low of the day and people called it luck. Again I don’t expect you guys to stick around after a free trial if you’re not satisfied. Thanks for your interest. RT Capital (112807670)

So did you get out at market, or are you still in?

Still in. Support told me to re-enter my stop but all that does is get me out at market not where I intended. I’m waiting for my nightly reports to see if this is something I should be holding or getting out of immediately.

Do you have another stop in place?

I will if I’m staying in but I don’t at this point but should have one in place by tonight if I’m keeping the trades. I always have stops but this was just a unique situation. It really all depends on what my analyst sends me.

But I did send out a broadcast msg to all subs as soon as I found out earlier in the day in case they traded on this signal to be aware it was not my intention to stay in.

@QuantStatFutures

I think that if you will show some proof of what you wrote in 1st post of this therad, your actual and perspective subsrcibers would be more convinced (for example, email sent by support confirming that it was a platform issue, etc).

Best regards,
Paolo Geronazzo

Yup. I do see it. And I do agree with your analysis. The stop should not have been touched.

I tracked down what happened here (C2 mistakenly said thought that the trade was flattened, and thus the stops were considered “orphaned” and canceled. This was wrong. The ultimate cause was a database lag issue, but regardless - it shouldn’t have happened, and I apologize.)

Would you mind re-entering the stops via the Order Entry screen? They will not be incorrectly canceled going forward.

I do also appreciate your bringing this to my attention in the help desk. It allows me to look at problems in a methodical way, to gather needed information, and to find out root causes of actual problems.

Sincerely,

Matthew Klein

Help Desk: https://howto.collective2.com
Follow Us: https://twitter.com/collective2

That is the exact email sent to me

Great, I think this clarify what happened.

Now, I think you should ask Mr. Klein to fix your strategy’s statistic, since this was a C2 glitch and not what you ordered.

Thanks,
Paolo Geronazzo

1 Like

@MatthewKlein Would it be possible to adjust my stats for RT Capital and get me out of the trades where intended since this was a C2 issue? I checked with the help desk about re-entering my stops but they informed me I would only get myself out at market not where I intended originally if I re-enter stops. I understand if you couldn’t adjust this trade if there were auto trades that took place but no auto trades took place so it should be straight forward. The problem with this trade is in the future new potential subs will look at this and I’ll most likely lose new business as they wouldn’t know what happened they would just skip over my system because of the losses. I already lost one sub that probably has no idea what’s going on he just saw losses and dropped out. @TradingFlow99 agrees this should be adjusted and he’s a trade leader with a very popular system ANTARES SP500. I think for the integrity of C2 for both trade leaders and investors alike it would be great if we knew C2 is willing to make things right instead of saying sorry it’s our fault but you suffer the consequences. And there are consequences. Trade leaders are building a business and investors are trading real money so we need to make sure we have full faith in a platform that’s bringing us together. Thank you for your consideration.

Stop whining about this single trade .

I’m sorry it’s not important to you. It’s important to me.

I agree, let it go. One has to accept personal responsibility for many risks associated with trading including using systems that can fail.

As a subscriber to C2 for more than several years I can tell you that glitches with brokers, internet, electrical grid, hackers, etc. have occurred and will continue to occur.

It doesn’t mean C2 isn’t expected to improve but don’t expect using their system is risk free.

So I’m suppose to suffer with crappy stats because C2 didn’t even know I had a position on and failed to execute a stop I had in place? If this was a real broker and failed to realize I had a position on the SEC would be involved I assure you that. I worked in the industry for almost 10 years this is an important thing. I’m asking to make it right. Someone else with a proven track record agrees. If C2 decides not to make it right there’s nothing I can do but at this time it is important to me and I don’t feel my request is that unreasonable. Thank you.

1 Like

I will add that your losing trade, though caused by a C2 error, reflects what every potential sub should be able to see: all the risks involved including those associated with using the C2 system.

Yes it does highlight risk of using the platform. My concern is new subs in the futures skipping over my system because of stats that are just not accurate. Not everyone reads the forum and sometimes people have no idea this was a C2 error.

I agree and it is an unfortunate circumstance. However, the trade is a relatively small DD and in time will only appear as a small blip on your equity chart.

Best wishes for your trading success.

Thank you Corey. For me a DD of 4.5% is huge for this strategy that’s why it’s so important to me. But again thank you.

Frankly we didn’t hear from any of your subscribers to confirm what really happened in their live accounts . Believe me your dd is going to be much higher , you concentrate on marketing and posting in forums instead of working hard and trading .

1 Like