Sneak preview the NEW Collective2

C2 Community -

I am excited to announce a public beta test of the new Collective2 Web site, available at:

preview.collective2.com

This is a beta test. Keep in mind that some parts of the site might be a little rough around the edges. Some secondary functionality may be missing.

But, overall, the new site is a vast improvement over the old one. Please give it a try and let us know (preferably on these forums) what you think.

- Matthew

Sorry Matthew. But, I’m not sure why you think the new site is a vast improvement over the current one.

The current one is much more illustrative and graphic intensive and the current one highlights the individual system pages with much more clarity.

Why not keep the current one for while and just concentrate on the forum improvements?

Just My Humble Opinion. Again, Sorry To Disappoint.

I like it.

Only thing I don’t like (and this is very minor) is on the equity chart you have the system in Red and the S&P in Green. Because we get so used to intuitively thinking of green as positive and red negative it might be more aesthetically pleasing if you kept it as it was on the old site with the system in green and the s&p in red. I find myself looking at the green line thinking its the system.

Matthew I can’t find the average winning trade and average lossing trade statistics. Did you take that out?

Rick

The new site seems faster when loading the My Analyst page, which is great. I also really appreciate the new Autotrade Performance page to help me keep track of how I’ve done with each of my systems. A simple equity curve graph and/or allocation pie chart would also be nice, but not a priority.

That said, I can’t seem to find the message center. If you are still working on it, all the better, as it lacks some major basic functionality.

Hello-

My name is Matt Vella - I am a colleague of Matthew’s at C2. We certainly appreciate all feedback - it is one of the reasons we are having a ‘beta’ period with the new site - we know that real user input can help determine where and how tweak the new site to make it more ultimately more usable. Although we feel much of the new site is an improvement, we of course want to make sure that the usability has not decreased from the ‘old’ (current) site.

That said, could you provide any specific feedback; for example, in what way(s) is the new site less clear in highlighting individual system pages?

Thank You,

Matt Vella

Jeffrey -

Thanks for the feedback.

When you say the ‘message center’, I assume you mean the Private Messages screen? You can get there on the new site by clicking on ‘My Account’ in the upper right corner, then click on ‘Private Messages’ on the left side navigation (under ‘My Account’).

When you have a new message(s), you will see an indicator near the ‘My Account’ link that is always at the upper right corner of the site (as long as you are logged in).

Hope that helps.

-Matt

Here are some of my quick thoughts and observations…

C2 Ticker - font is too gray - hard to read. Also, I wouldn’t have it at top of page. While it is interesting to see, the top should have what is most important to the site…and watching random systems fly by isn’t in my mind all that important.

My Systems - it would be nice to have the option to have table format, instead of graphs. Tougher to use now.

My Systems - I have 1 system flagged as “active”. Not sure what this means, unless active means system made trades today. What is the point?

Top banner ads - where did they go?

Featured System - I think it is too small now. I’d pay for current big ad, but not small new ad.

Most looked at this hour - where did that go? That is a big feature - I’d actually like to see “this hour” “past day” and "past week"

Forums - I think it is too prominent. From my experience as a developer, my guess is that half of the people who subscribe NEVER look at the forums. At the very least, it should be below "Collective 2 Pulse"

Find a System and Sell a System (at top) - menu pops up, but when I get about halfway down it disappears and control goes to the graph. It only seems to happen if there is no hypothetical month by month table at top. Try it with “Cash Cow from BWolinsky” as an example.

Menu at Top - I would switch positions of Find and Sell a System. I think most people here are looking to find one, not sell one.

Find System By Name - I type in “etf” and a whole bunch show up, except the best one - ETF Timer. If I type in “etf t” then I see it. Not sure why.

Watch List - Although I like the graphs, I have about 30 systems in my Watch List. It would be nice if I could turn graphs off to make page smaller. Definite usability issue.

Chatter For the most part, this area of C2 is filled with sniping and put downs, or unpaid ads (and yes, I have been guilty of doing this, too). Plus, anything of value is lost after 24 hours anyway. I’d dump it and use screen real estate for something else - maybe a big help section for new people?

Then, looking at an individual system:

Subscribe button - make more prominent? Also, should gray out for systems that do not allow subs.

Statistics - some good stats have disappeared, like avg win, avg loss, slippage, realism

Statistics - I’d like to see “Peak Equity” and “Current drawdown” as stats

Probabilities of future account loss - this takes up 25% of stats window, and from what I’ve seen, is not a very good indicator. This is result of Monte Carlo analysis, which I think should be an advanced stat. Maybe you could have 3 buttons by Statistics - Basic, Advanced and Analytics. From my experience with people on this site and others, talking about “future probability” and “Monte Carlo” causes most people’s eyes to glae over - it is hard to understand.

New charts - I love it, except equity line should be green, and S&P red, as it was. Also, it may be more pleasing to have the background of the graph as gray or some other color.

The whole site is very “white” and could benefit from color - for example, I like the “Find System By Name” box in gray.

Real/Hypothetical Trade List - I liked seeing actual fills. Where did this go?

May We Suggest - It would be nice to find the correlations between ANY 2 systems, not just the best fits.

Hypothetical Monthly Results - the “limitations of these statistics” link is gone

Portfolio Maker - I could not find it anymore.

One other idea:

Developer Bios Every one selling a system should/must have a biography, so potential customers can see who they are dealing with.

I think the best feature is the improved graphing. Much better resolution and control!

Kevin

Please add ADP, AVG win, AVG loss to Statistics.

I’ve always felt “correlation with S&P” is a useless stat. The red line (yes, red) in the chart is enough.

Advanced Analytics is unwieldy overkill. Statistics RELATIVE TO OTHER SYSTEMS would be highly useful. Example: ADP, which seems to have disappeared, used to be expressed relative to other systems (e.g., “13% of other C2 systems are less risky than this one.”) RELATIVE STATISTICS, for key performance parameters, would be very useful.

“Drawdown period” should enumerate the drawdown in days, not just show the dates.

“Show entire record” is a joke, right? Before, I had to click for older records; now, I get to open up a pop-up window and THEN click for older records? Even more steps for the same result? And, I get the added pleasure of perhaps accidentally clicking outside the pop-up and inadvertently putting it in the background? What circle of hell is this? At the top of this hellish pop-up, brown text on black background is difficult to see. I almost missed the “download CSV” feature. Thanks for adding that. HIGHLY useful. Please put it somewhere useful, like on the front page.

I’m getting ahead of myself, but when you guys get around to fixing 'The Grid," make it so we can sort and filter parameters simultaneously. E.g: I want a futures system that only does intra-day trades and has P/L > 1.5 and ADP > 0.2. Logically this would be an AND. Right now, The Grid only does OR.

Thanks

Comments on "STATISTICS" grouping. Suggestions to improve/compact it. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

---------------------------------------------------------------------

# Trades 17 (Profitable: 3 or 17.6%)

# Months Tracked 7 (Profitable: 3 or 42.9%)

Avg trade duration: 91.3 days

Average P/L per unit/contract/share ($12.84)

Annual return: -23% (Compounded: -26.8%)

Profit Factor: 0.2:1

Sharpe Ratio: -1.909 (Sortino: -1.725 Calmar: -1.269)

Average Profit to Drawdown (APD) -0.72

Max peak-to-valley drawdown: 28.54% (Mar 2/09 to June 23/09) Others: (clickable button, that shows 2nd through 5th worst DDs)

Probabilities of future account loss

Chance of 10% account loss 87.8%

Chance of 20% account loss 40.5%

EXPANSION AREA:

Chance of 30% account loss 4.8%

Chance of 50% account loss 0.0%

Chance of 100% account loss 0.0%

Correlation w/ S&P -0.530 also, consider using US $ for forex systems

Sum of dividends and cash expir. in model account $92 (huh?)

Matt,

Thanks for the explanation. I don’t know how others feel about this, but would it be possible to add a way to access messages from the dashboard? Also, I still can’t figure out how to see messages I sent, and looking at the “message viewed” items isn’t a great proxy, as it strips out the formatting, which makes my messages hard to read. For example, if write a message in bullet format, the message viewed shows it collapsed into a single paragraph.

Also, as a follow up to the Autotrading Performance Results, can you implement a summary view, or have the details be collapsible? Right now, if I want to see YTD results, I have to scroll through pages of trades to get to each system, which isn’t ideal.

For forum messages, I am no longer able to open each message in a different tab; control-clicking overwrites the page I’m on, forcing me to read the message, go back, read the next message, go back, etc. if I want to run through all the new forum messages. I think the old site handles this better.

As a general formatting note, the new site seems much more vertically-oriented than the old site, with much wider margins on the side of the page. This forces me to scroll down much more than the previous site, which has the majority of information I like to see within reach of one PageDn. Can you switch the positions of the Statistics table and the Open Positions/Recently Closed Trades tables? The statistics provide a better summary when evaluating a system, and should be placed higher.

Thanks for these suggestions. About being able to view sent messages, we do plan on implementing this feature, thanks for the suggestion.

Sorry for not being specific in regards to the other suggestions, but we are taking all of the feedback we’ve been getting about the new site and evaluating it. Within the coming weeks, you should most definitely see some of these ideas/suggestions acted upon. (And I am also speaking to the group at large now)

Thanks Again,

Matt

One of the most useful features of the current site in the chart section is the button "Interactive Charts" where one can compare a system with multiple others. Also the Portfoliomaker is very useful. For these two features alone I will always prefer the present site unless it is added to the new one.

I am very much disappointed that in the new statistics table the following items are not shown:

Simple arithmetic return or APR next to the compound return

Max Drawdown should also be shown in Dollars and one should be aware that the max DD in Dollars can occure at a different time than the one in percentages points, this is important for all systems which do not increase the position size which, I believe, are the majority.

Average Win and Loss, both in Dollars and in ratio form.

Calmar Ratio.

I also find the old site much easier to read than the new one.

The flickering ticker tape is very irritating, both in the old and new site.

Thanks

Where is the button to update profit or loss of current postions?

Rick

Hi Karl-

You can actually compare any number of systems in chart format by dragging/dropping a system chart from your ‘Watch List’, ‘Recently Viewed’, ‘May we Recommend’, etc into the main chart on a system page. From there you can actually access some of the functionality of the ‘Portfolio Builder’ . We plan on continuing to improve this, including adding the comparative stats from the old site. Also, we have added and will continue to add ‘Tips’ that help to show how to use features on the new site.

In regards to the system stats table: our goal was to reduce some of the clutter that appeared on the old system pages. Obviously, deciding what statistics were ‘clutter’ was a subjective exercise. and see it. Of course, determining which statistics are ‘clutter’ and which are vital is a subjective exercise. So your feedback about which statistics should be re-included, and which are okay to move to a secondary page, are welcome and appreciated. We will keep this in mind as we evaluate what to change before the full switchover to the new site.

Rick-

This feature is not yet implemented on the new site, but we do plan on adding it soon.

-Matt

Hi Karl-

You can actually compare any number of systems in chart format by dragging/dropping a system chart from your ‘Watch List’, ‘Recently Viewed’, ‘May we Recommend’, etc into the main chart on a system page. From there you can actually access some of the functionality of the ‘Portfolio Builder’ . We plan on continuing to improve this, including adding the comparative stats from the old site. Also, we have added and will continue to add ‘Tips’ that help to show how to use features on the new site.

In regards to the system stats table: our goal was to reduce some of the clutter that appeared on the old system pages. Obviously, deciding what statistics were ‘clutter’ was a subjective exercise. So, your feedback about which statistics should be re-included, and which are okay to move to a secondary page, are welcome and appreciated. We will keep this in mind as we evaluate what to change before the full switchover to the new site.

-Matt

Rick-

This feature is not yet implemented on the new site, but we do plan on adding it soon.

-Matt

I would like it so that I can see a system’s statistics during a specific time period. A lot of systems did well only during a relatively short period (usually the beginning) and then became stagnant, or at least performed more modestly. I would like to be able to select, for example, the past 3 months, and see return, profit factor, and all the usual stats for that period, instead of the entire system’s history.

As of today, I can only see the last 90/60/30-day return on the grid.

If this feature is already available, I apologize. I looked around but not very thoroughly.

Yes, I agree with this. It would be nice to have stats for different time periods available.