Speak up for Conservprofit

Woke up this morning. Open trades all closed. “Vendor no longer supports this strategy”. Tried emailing him the last couple days no response. If this guy tries to start another strategy tomorrow, I guess it just happens? I have no problem with that if C2 were to somehow be able to link it to the same person so that at least folks will know what they are potentially getting into if they were to follow a new strategy from the same author. But I doubt it is easy or even possible to track this sort of thing.

1 Like

As stated But NO ONE would listen to me, I SCREAMED loud for you all to hear days into its final reckoning. But no one listened, well, some did, but most did NOT and they got CREAMED. I told you that guy was a Fraud. I fought him tooth and nail over Message to remind him of that and he got caught and folded! Too bad it takes the sheep longer than the herder to figure it out, but hey, that’s what trading is for and why we have 90% losers!

1 Like

By the way… What did he REALLY lose? NOTHING. Pride and Dignity? Sure…

He made off with our monies. End of story and he did quite well with all those influx of subscribers coming in by day @ $30 a piece.

There have been terrible traders in the past and there will be terrible traders in the future. Does it really matter if it’ll be this guy or someone new?

I suggest to consider the types of systems you follow. I am quite amazed that so many people continued to trade this system until today. He actually did you a favor by stopping, who knows how long you’d continue to follow this train wreck?

2 Likes

Exactly. Good point!

ConservProfit now shows:

This is a “test” strategy and is not visible to the public.

It’s unfortunate such a good lesson is not left available for all to see and learn from.

I wonder (as a matter of principle, not so much for the additional cost): do we get back our pro-rated subscription cost from C2? [Mind you: I paid to C2, not to this guy personally. And they charge for this service. When I travel with airBnB and the host cancels last minute (happened), I don’t worry for a minute about my $$ or even about replacement cost.]

4 Likes

As a subscriber you can ask for a refund from C2 and the developer will be charged an extra 7.5% to cover bank fees .

Maybe i’m wrong and he’s a crook, but I feel sorry for the guy. He seemed pretty genuinely concerned with his trades, constantly messaging his subscribers, closing trades when he felt he needed to…I think his whole strategy just collapsed and he may have had a bit of an emotional breakdown himself. He had A LOT of subscribers, and the past few weeks he must’ve been inundated with complaints and angry letters.

In any case I can’t personally complain. I was manually trading and made plenty of money off his streak of good trades and I stayed away from those last few xxx/JPY trades he and his EA made which looked pretty clearly dangerous to me.

1 Like

I am not sure if it’s your speculation and assumption, and I could appreciate your empathy, but from what i communicated with the guy, i felt the opposite. i reminded him multiple times on two things he did very wrongly: 1) capitulated at trendline support / resistance, a common mistake mostly seen from noobs; 2) continuous reckless average down every 15pips instead of 100pips, if he’s confident with trend.

What his response was like? He dodged all my direct communications, and suggested me switching to his EA system, which I refused.

I was no longer a subscriber, but before he hid his strategy, I saw the updated trade that he cut all loss of a truck load of USDJPY short. My jaw dropped to the floor. This guy was crazy with so 26 contracts! Apparently he was still doing the reckless averagedown game, and capitulated at the resistance!

The only positive lesson I learned here is I am now a much more confident person at trading, after going through all the journey of following "guru"s. There is no magic. We all should invest in ourselves and invest in advice and lessons (no regret for loss of a couple of grand; i earned that back easily from longing TWTR LOL), instead of putting hard earned money in the hands of strangers.

1 Like

That’s interesting, see I never had any personal contact with the guy so you have a better idea of what was going on than me. Although near the end I did feel like he was starting to make stuff up when he started sending messages about upcoming North Korean missiles tanking the Yen lol.

1 Like

I knew the moment he stopped engaging in rational trading was when he didn’t acknowledge simple, but I mean simple support and resistance in the 1 hour time frame in his trades. That was when my rational brain kicked on from “Dummy crowd follower” to independent 14 years of seeing this hogwash happen over and over again. That is when I alerted the forum on one of the great disasters in a while, and I think around that time also, I left the system. Couldn’t remember in which order :wink:

1 Like

That’s right. You called it when it just started to turn over.

1 Like

Look at how USDJPY retraced since he cut loss. This guy behaves like such a clueless amateur without any risk control but consistent captivation.

LOL USDJPY continues drifting down.