Test Systems

Matthew

In the overview list showing all the systems for a vendor, the following is written:

Note that Collective2 gives system vendors the opportunity to designate a system as a "test system" before they begin trading. No officially-designated test systems will be listed here. This means that the systems below were not created as test systems at the time the vendor started the systems. (This is the case even if the vendor later changed the system name to "test" or something similar.)

I think this is very misleading. The designation of a test only system is a fairly recent feature and many systems were "test" systems before this feature. When you added the feature, you only allowed systems without any trades to change their designation to a test system. The fact is that many systems WERE test systems at the time the vendor started them, but at the time they started, the test system designation option was not available.

The above would be more fair and reasonable if you say something like the following:

Note that since <list date when feature was made available>, Collective2 gives system vendors the opportunity to designate a system as a "test system" before they begin trading. No officially-designated test systems will be listed here. This means that the systems below created after <list date when feature was made available> were not created as test systems at the time the vendor started the systems. (This is the case even if the vendor later changed the system name to "test" or something similar.)

Regards

- Fanus

Fair point. I’ll change that soon.

Thank you for your quick response and action.

Regards

- Fanus

MK,

When I clicked on this system called “simplicity” which is on top of the gainers list, and whose equity graph is visible, I get the following message:

This system is not visible

This is a “test” trading system not visible to the public.

Please use your browser’s BACK button to return to the previous page and try again.

is this an error or is it by design?

When someone designates a system as a "test" system, it is never visible to the public (for all time). The error is that the Simplicity system was allowed to appear in the gainer/loser list. I will need to look into that and correct it.