Thread closed

Now who on earth has the power to close a thread? So much for ‘free speech’. Just one reply for Ross: After reading your line:

‘Having never traded Russells, I was unaware of its volatility to margin nature.’, I know I will never have to read one of your posts again. Attempting to trade an instrument that you have basically no information about disqualifies you as a serious trader and as a poster worth reading. That’s all. Now you can close that thread as well, no reply needed.

Peter

Only I can close a thread. I do it when they grow too large, or when they degenerate into tit-for-tat arguments that are boring to read.

Attempting to trade an instrument that you have basically no information about disqualifies you as a serious trader and as a poster worth reading.

Well, since you directed it at me…

Glad another one of the omniscients has spoken. A few people just like to skim and post, instead of doing homework. Since you obviously didnt read the posts in detail, I already addressed that. But I will extract the response cluster to here for reading from that thread:

"Instead of educating yourself on the average daily range and tick size for the Russell you just made a faulty assumption"

And done average true ranges, and checking the volatility aspects and checking to ensure it followed the same H. M, U, Z months as other index equities products, etc. And maybe if I had hedged with proper instruments and consulted my ouiji board and… For heavens sake, it was the first day, with no money or subscribers hanging in the balance, and I decided to put 4 instead of 3 systems into the mix, and I decided to try the Russell instead of the Midcaps. This is constructing entire mountain ranges out of the molehill, instead.

This is part of the reason I stopped reading the C.M. posts. Creates entire paradigms from single statements. We should keep you in mind next time they find a fossil tooth from an unknown dinosaur species. I am sure these skills would allow you to reconstruct the rest without a problem.

If you demonstrated your own vast & superior skills, this comment would likely a little traction. As C.M. would say, "Examined your system, seems not to demonstrate the "third eye."

Great, now you can close the thread; this one should not have been opened. Forum moderators are allowed to close threads or ensure things are kept on track. Regardless, I am done with this thread. This is repeating the repetitious.

…or when they turn out to be a hopeless case…good I dea you had closed it in the first place.

Peter