Top 50 Leader Board

Hi Trade mate

I don’t use back testing systems.

I SIM trade the live ES market daily. My results are actual results, not back testing.

I am a discretionary ES Futures Trader. I have learnt to “read the tape” (old school style) and trade with tick charts. I also don’t use many indicators. I have been learning to trade with a professional coach for the last 18 months. I am really not here to boast or brag about my results, and I really don’t think my recorded results over the last 18 months is exceptional (according to my coach)

Talk is cheap, money buys the Whiskey as they say :laughing:
I either need to join C2 or join a Combine in order to start making all my lessons and hard work pay off.

I was merely trying to establish whether or not it would be worth while to invest 6 months on C2, or whether investing 6 months in a Combine would deliver better return on my time invested in the form of capital.

Unfortunately I don’t have liquid funding available to open a $25 000 live account. So I have to start small.

Regards
Sean

You can actually do both as there was a trader before that was going for a topsteptrader combine and also duplicating the trades for a C2 strategy. Unfortunately he blew both his accounts and never heard from again…lol

Good luck!

Less words more work. Get started already and show the audience how good a trader you are. If your words are true, you will become a star here, and if the words and deeds will be different - you will be lowered into shit.

GO! GO! GO!

Thanks for all the input, it has been interesting listening everyone’s opinions and reviews.

I think C2 had a glitch that day. The math doesn’t add up. They flagged a bunch of traders with enormous drawdowns that day and then disqualified them from C2Star and then the following day they all got reset. I think the reset didn’t fix the actual trade. This probably occurred from bad tick data print. Misprints happen frequently and usually show up as a bar with an unusually long tail or maybe even a huge gap with a data point way above or below the actual stock price. That is the only thing that made sense to me.

Sean,

A word of caution regarding,

I SIM trade the live ES market daily. My results are actual results, not back testing.

The market makers are not nearly as kind as sim account fills. It is very easy for higher frequency trading simulations to fictitiously create the illusion of high returns. A good example on C2 is the recurring pattern of systems that are showing fantastic simulated returns and then once they get the first real dollar behind their system the results drop off dramatically. There are several threads on this forum highlighting exactly that pattern for a number of C2Star strategies. People have speculated about the reason for this pattern. Personally, I think it is due to the fact that real dollar trading and fills are simply much worse than simulated fills and looking at the average bid/ask spread for an instrument only tells part of the story.

I wish you the best of luck with your trading, but until you have a history of real account fills to review, I would advise you to maintain a high level of skepticism regarding the simulated returns.

2 Likes

I am on the top 50 but i have no subs or even views for that matter, but i think it doesn’t help that my strategy is only 90 days old. I am excited about this, but i think that most likely it will be a dissapointment.

I believe C2 is your best choice. The various trading ‘combines’ would appear to have little or no real incentive to fund any trader at all. They make plenty of money from the subscription fees they collect, and paying the majority of that back out to winning traders doesn’t appear to make good business sense for them.

I investigated three of the ‘biggies’ in that arena, checked out tons of online reviews and decided to go with C2 instead.

No regrets.

C2 also seems to very aware of government rules and regs, and the required transparency needed to build an honest repository of verified trading results.

As far as your discretionary trading methodology goes, well, more power to you! I have also found that discretionary trading generally outperforms 100% mechanical trading.

Good trading and much success to you.

Yes, you will find that sim vs. real-life fills can differ, and sometimes dramatically so. Especially when an economic report is released and the S&P 500 rallies/declines by 10 points in three seconds, etc.

I had a ‘perfect’ long momentum setup appear at 10:00:10 ET, but the market moved so fast that I missed out on a full 12 point MFE (maximum favorable excursion) gain. You may find that the sim will trade these as if they are ‘normal’ trades, whereas in real-life you don’t stand a chance of getting a fill on a LMT order, and if you use market orders, you may be in for a world of hurt.

Keep your positions sizes very modest so you don’t get whacked when the unexpected occurs in the markets.

Just 3 days ago SPODD500 was ranked #20. Then it dropped to 70 when I made this screenshot comparison. By the end of the day it dropped to 80. At this rate, it will be dead last in about 5 days. Weird. The comparison isn’t that far off from the top guy the last few months.

I only started here a few months ago. When I look at the rank of my main strategy (Ethos Swing) it’s showing that I’m ranked 5th and in the top 0.8% on C2. I’ve gotten over a dozen sims and one paid subscriber so far - even with a 30% gain in a few months.

My strategy trades very sparsely so I’m assuming that I’ll get a better response as time goes by and I place a few more trades.

Give it some time @EthosPortfolio…it is hard for swing trading systems to attract subs since the results vary month to month for example your system has shown most of the gains were made during the month of oct so far so probably you should stick with it more or switch to shorter timeframes.