Trading Strategies from Wait4Trade team

Hi,
My name is Daniil and I’m a part of the Wait4Trade team.
We have a lot of experience and blah blah blah… let us right to the point!

Our team developed the first strategy within C2Star requirements: drawdown up to 10%, stable equity, annual return > 24%

It is developed on the Wait4Trade team’s own technology:

1. Only Intraday.
  2. A portfolio of 24 currency pairs.
  3. Position volume management for each trade.
  4. Risk management for each trade.
  5. Two strategies for entering trades to stabilize their overall performance (from November 11, 2019). The trade entry is discretionary; the trader is enhanced with pre-processed market data based on machine learning technology.

Although the trade entry is discretionary, the concepts of entry/exit and position volume management was backtested on a 10 years history.
Using discretionary trade entries based on machine learning tech, we will achieve a better return and fewer drawdowns.

The minimum investment horizon is 2 months.

My thread about evaluating trading strategies.

When this strategy completes 300 trades, I will analyze it there.

Any questions in a thread or PM.

Wait4Trade team is open to cooperation.

300 trades milestone overcome, and it is time to draw a conclusion.

The entry strategy did not work out. Instead of a short zero tick sinusoid, it showed a downward trend. Only the position volume management kept it a float all this time.

My entry strategy implied betting on the price scenarios that I observed at 0:00 PT, placing stop orders at the cancellation level and closing all positions at the end of the trading session.
I planned to compensate for the entry accuracy with a wide portfolio of instruments.

This approach has not worked for two reasons:

1. For success this strategy requires periodic good trades and a wide trading instruments portfolio smoothed both losses and profits, so the profitable days were slightly higher than the loss-making ones.
  2. The scenarios I set as good at 0:00 PT were not often executed, however, in 9 out of 10 cases, the market price remained within the scenarios range, but others. This confirms the viability of the Similar Days project, but requires a different approach to the entry strategy - active intraday.

What’s next:
• An active intraday is not suitable for C2Star, Must deploy minimum amount of capital will be difficult to implement. Trades last 1-3 hours and this parameter is calculated for calendar days.
• Intraday requires a full day and high concentration, it excludes the portfolio of instruments.

1. I continue to trade Forex on Collective2 in the active intraday mode of 1-2 trading instruments, I started on 20-Jan-2020.
  2. Trading MNQ and NQ in the prop campaign.
  3. Trading MNQ in my own small account.

What kind of 24% annual return are you talking about this Forex system that have failed miserably and is currently in drawdown?

Yes, that is right. I waited for a statistically significant result and published it. What’s wrong?

3 Likes

Hear hear, Daniil, for publishing your analysis. I do not trade Forex, but I respect your forthright discussion of your strategy’s failure to thrive.

3 Likes

Great to admit the strategy result. As you probably now are aware backtesting is useless as markets are always changing and live markets behave differently. Its possible you can modify the rules as you now know the strategy weaknesses to turn it to a profitable system.

Forward testing is the only way to truly gauge a strategy before its considered a potentially profitable system. More tweaks and rules may possibly need to be added during forward testing to produce a more robust strategy as its hard to create a flawless strategy after the first run.

Good luck with your next idea!

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for your comments.

I will continue and the next review will be in 300 trades. Moreover, despite the first strategy failure, the starting cash balance not down and certification requirements not violated. So I can continue my C2Star certification.

3 Likes

Greetings, I haven’t updated this thread for a long time.

My pursuit of C2 is end and was not a success, I decided to just trade.
I tried a lot this year, once more leveled up my market understanding and trading skills.
As a result, I formed my own discretionary strategy, which I am comfortable trading and I feel the growth of my skill.
I launched the strategy in May in the C2Star program, crawled until July … and failed. And that’s enough for me. From that moment on, I started trading as I wanted.

I don’t propose to subscribe, but I want to draw your attention to it.

Strategy Description

This is a discretional strategy based on ML technologies of recognition Similar Days, Game theory, Probability theory and a position management.
You can read about Similar Days project here Wait4Trade | creating a trading strategies portfolio for C2 investors | Patreon
Entries and exits are automatic, I only decide in which direction to trade and whether to trade at all.

There were a lot of different strategies, so past results do not display the current trading style.
Last update parameters:

I started this trading style from 24 Jul 2020
99% intraday, no overweek positions
NQ 1-6 lots per trade
Stop loss 200-400 ticks
Any changes in trading style will be indicated here and communicated to all subscribers.

Capital requirements to follow:
Risk capital: $15,000;
Margin capital: $3,000 if you use broker offers intraday margin like NinjaTrader, or $35,000 if you use broker like IB;
In total $18,000 or $50,000.

Strategy Track Record analysis

P.S.: Somebody knows how to change avatar on this forum? I’m too sad on current :confused::slightly_smiling_face:

HI Daniil,

Just to clarify, this new Wait4Trade style you’re trading is discretionary only to the extent that you decide which direction to trade on the day? Everything else (entries, exits, position management) is still mechanical like before?

If you’re picking the direction (short or long) then what is the Similar Days algorithm doing?

Who told you that?

Markets go up, down, or sideways, that’s it.

Obviously you love to argue about things you don’t know much about. For example in futures markets that have low trading there are such things such as limited supply. If you have only 1 lot available you cannot fill an order of 10 lots while in sim you can.

1 Like

Sure, but only amateurs trade illiquid futures contracts like that.

But thats besides your argument. You stated there is no difference.

In liquid markets yes, and that’s precisely what this system developer is trading, the Forex, by far THE most liquid financial instrument on earth, so what exactly are you talking about?

This is your quote. That was what I was talking about. You mentioned that there is no difference between sim and live markets.

And?

Are you saying it is not true?

I just told you why its different! Look at my reply to you!!

So your “scoop” is that illiquid markets behave differently than liquid markets?

Wow, thanks for this priceless info.

OMG! What are you talking about?

You stated that sim is the same as live trading but I said it is NOT and I stated that the liquidity makes the difference!!

I’m not going to spend another minute in this useless argument. If you can’t accept being wrong its not worth arguing with you.

I never said that, you obviously are posting in different forums at the same time, and got confused along the way.
Anyway.