What happens to subs when a strategy goes private?

I’ve noticed from time to time strategies go private without explanation - most recently UVXY Trader has gone private.
If a strategy has subs what happens to them ???

You are on your own. All open transactions will close automatically.

I know that if a strategy goes private all the people simulating are removed immediately. However the the actual subscribers do stay and can still see signals. At least that is what it says when I switch mine back and forth.

I have been subscribed to several strategies which have gone private or back and forth between public and private and there is no noticeable change. You still see and receive signals and auto trading still functions normally. The only difference is if you log out of C2 or if you use a different log-in from your subscriber log-in you cannot see the strategy page.

UVXY Trader doesn’t look private. Still as public and as phony a track record as you will ever see.

(EDITED: Nevermind - I see it is suddenly private now. Maybe they are shutting down the scammers finally)

1 Like

why is uvxy a scammer per say?

I believe it went private or got shut down (rightfully so, investors should demand their fees back).

If you check the track record, the guy was gaming C2’s “trade when touch” system with fake money. That is, buying at the bid and selling at the ask, on instruments that in real life would not have traded like that. Once he got actual money invested he couldn’t do it, so he effectively had a fake track record which lured dozens of people in I believe. Poor saps. But hey, at least he made money for himself :laughing:

1 Like