Are coupons going away like free trials?

As most of us know collective2 is getting rid of free trials. As a developer are we allowed to just use coupon codes in place of free trials? Does anyone know of any plans to take this away too? If I was a subscriber I would really want a shot at a free trial where I can actually see the trades and how it connects with my brokerage account. In other words the simulation feature is very nice, but would still leave me with a lot of questions. On the other hand any subscriber you get is probably going to me more dedicated and less likely to leave.

Hi, Charles -

We plan to continue supporting coupons, and - in fact - have plans to extend and improve the coupon / discount features which Trade Leaders can offer to their subscribers.

That is great! Thanks for the quick reply.

Give ma an example of what is so nice about the simulation feature that one can not see in the trade history.

I take it you are not a fan, haha! No doubt it has more limitations than the free trials, but it does allow someone to quickly and easily add multiple systems to their simulation account and then they can see how the total portfolio would have performed - was the ride too volatile for them etc. Also, it is just nice to use as a watchlist. It is like paper trading with any broker. It allows a subscriber to see if they can successfully pick winners without risking real money. If someone does simulations for a year and finds that they lose money in a bull market, then maybe they should just buy and hold mutual funds. Again to your point there is some major drawbacks. That is why I am going to offer free trials still via coupons, assuming compliance approves my new description to my strategies where I have placed the coupon. Do you see no advantage at all to the simulations?

Simulation is fun. I’ve added all younger-than-one-month-super-systems-from-pro-traders advertised here for last 2 or 3 months and already -15k$. 3 of them already went private.

What would be really cool, if we can simulate equity for different watchlists separately. One watchlist = one portfolio. @MatthewKlein can it be added if you think it is reasonable?

2 Likes

“What would be really cool, if we can simulate equity for different watchlists separately. One watchlist = one portfolio. @MatthewKlein can it be added if you think it is reasonable?”

That would be not cool for developers…

Why?
…

Why would developers not like C2 Followers to have the ability to simulate more than one portfolio at a time with watch-lists? This is an interesting question and hopefully others will share their ideas on this issue.

Yes, it would be nice if we could do all kinds of portfolio simulations with Monte Carlo analysis with trade size analysis in separate mini-portfolios. This is a lot of added complexity and it may not be considered by C2 as a high priority to tackle such a monumental task.

It might be worth it to have this kind of functionality. What is the demand or interest for these kind of features?

Should a new thread or survey be conducted to find out if these features are desired by C2 users?

I bet there is a long list of requested features that are under consideration by the C2 management and developers. Is something like this in the works or under consideration?

I Think I have misunderstood the previous statement. If both of You mean the ability to simulate the equity of multiple portfolios each composed of multiple systems I do not have anything against.

However, I do believe that there are features and things way more important and useful both for developers and investors that have been requested, discussed (and in few case ehm… erased) endlessly times on this forum.