C2 policy

In the free demo accounts are our signals sent out in real time? Is there a way that we can limit the number of demo people? Can we opt out of the demo program so that people do not get to see our signals?

Simulated Brokerage (Demo) Accounts are no different than any other broker accounts here at C2.

People need to pay for a subscription to your system, regardless of whether they use a demo account, or a live brokerage account, or use no brokerage account at all.

However, if you explicitly chose to offer a free trial period for your system, then people are indeed able try out your system for free for the length of time you offer a free trial. (Again, it’s irrelevant whether they try it out in a simulated broker account or a live broker account.)

If you don’t want people to have a free trial, you can change that setting in your EDIT SYSTEM settings screen.

Thank you for your quick response.

Perhaps I do not understand english enough.

I just subscribed to a free demo account.

C2 said…

"How to view your open positions

You can view the open positions in your brokerage account by looking in the the top AutoTrade menu bar. Like this:"

Then i saw the open positions.

This means that everyone can see the open positions free any time, or am i missing something?

As a vendor can I say no to this service so that others can not see what I am doing?

Yes, a system that offers a free trial… offers a free trial. When a subscriber is enjoying a trial, he can see open positions, etc. After the free trial is over, the customer can not see them. If you don’t want to offer a free trial for your system, you can turn that option off.

Ahhh now it is clear. No free trial no free demo customers. And this would mean if profitable only does not go for free. This is important because most horrible reviews are from FREE demo accounts. I wonder if these people like to see stinky systems when they write their reviews.

I’m assuming that the papertrading account results are essentially identical to the system stats? I don’t see how that is very helpful - one can probably get a very clear sense of whether or not a system meets his/her needs by looking at the type of trades and trade frequency documented over the course of the system’s history.

And to be clear, unless one offers a free trial period the demo papertrading account needs to pay the subscription fee, correct? I think that was the concern of the original poster - that those who have demo accounts basically have free subscriptions to the system.

Dear Kevin,

Traders using Simulated Brokerage Accounts can only test out systems offering a free trial. After the free trial period, the trader must pay the system subscription to continue following it. The Simulated Brokerage Account is designed for people to get a feel of how Autotrading works, so depending on the length of the free trial determines how long they can test Autotrading (and your system) for free.

Melissa