Copper trades closed

I had a copper trade that was automatically exited by C2. It was QHGZ0 and it was exited at 932 on Thursday EST. Is this because of rollover? First notice is a week away and the next front month contract QHGH1, trades with a full point bid-ask spread. Not very reasonable to rollover so early.

The trade you are asking about was not “automatically exited” by C2. Rather, the sell order was a direct response to a TradeStation signal sent by your computer to C2.

Since communication between TradeStation and C2 is one-way (TradeStation talks… and we try our best to listen) it’s always possible that – if your Internet briefly went down, or if you switched off/restarted your machine – the sequence of signals sent to C2 could have been interrupted.

C2’s official policy is that we report the results of your signals exactly as we receive them (i.e. we report exactly what a trader would have done, had he followed the signals C2 received, at the moment we received them).

Check to make sure C2 is in sync with your TradeStation. If it’s not, issue a manual order in C2 to bring your C2 account into agreement with your TradeStation.

Matthew

I can tell you from my personal experience it likely is NOT C2’s fault.

I have found with the Tradestation interface “C2 Tray” that sometimes erroneous orders got sent to C2 from TS, and sometimes good orders did not get sent to C2 from TS.

These always seemed to be something Tradestation did or did not do, for whatever reason.

So Matthew is 100% correct in saying these things, unfortunately, happen.

I notice the same behavior with my real TS acct (that doesn’t involve C2 at all): 99% of orders are done correctly, but occasionally things get screwed up. Funny, though, that these screwups almost always cost me money…

Kevin

It just happened again with a Heating Oil order. This time within a minute of an entry. This is very strange.

You should be able to look at the C2 message log, and the Tradestation message log, to see what happened.

I entered trades in manually today that just disappeared. I bought QCLF1 in the he evening US time. I came back hours later and the trade is gone. I have reentered again. There is something wrong .