Does Collective2 “Need” Another System?

@MatthewKlein

I have recently developed and started a new system at C2. This system is primarily designed for a smaller capital base versus my other systems that have always required $100k+ to trade.

In implementing this system on C2 using the basic version of the TradeStation to C2 interface, I identified a situation that would allow multiple repeat orders to be submitted and filled, thereby opening more contracts than what is shown in the TradeStation platform.

I asked tech support about adding a parameter flag activated modification to the interface so that I can ensure no additional quantities are executed above what is stated in my system description.

I understand there will be a “cost” to Collective2 in order to implement this change.

My question specifically: are you willing to modify the interface, yea or nay? Does C2 need another system?

P.S. Obviously this is a business decision for you to make. If you choose not to add the interface modification, there are no hard feelings. I will simply abandon that system and chalk up the $105 I paid for the listing fee as the cost of properly testing your TS to C2 interface and vetting it for the ability to submit orders to C2 while properly managing risk. I refuse to run an automated system at C2 unless I can be 99.9999999999999999999999999999999% certain that the quantities executed can never exceed the maximum designated per the system specs.

I am unable to commit to making any specific development changes at this time.

Does that mean that I should continue to run this system to build history without allowing any subscribers?

Or are the odds of a modification so low, that I should abandon the system now and restart in the future if you ever make the change?

I think it’s a good suggestion and I’ll try to get to it. It’s just that we have limited development resources and they’re all booked for at least a month. While I’ll try my best, it’s very unlikely to happen in the next 5 weeks or so.

Thanks for the clarification about the resource availability.

Since the listing fee is paid through the next 5 months, I will continue to build the system track record without allowing any subscribers (since the risk of overfills remains).

After 5 months, I will mothball that system if I cannot open it up to subscribers by then.