Fake losses on chart?

Just started tracking a new system with fresh stats after working out the bugs in Seetu. I’m seeing something strange. The system only trades during market hours (roughly 9:40 to 15:40 EST), yet the chart shows a big drop overnight around midnight. The trade log shows no activity during that period, and all positions were closed hours before.

ES_T50_Short

Anyone had this sort of experience?

Now that is really odd! I just posted about the drop, and linked the system for reference, and the little preview C2 generates doesn’t show the drop! I’m at a loss.

Fake_losses_on_chart__-C2-_Collective2

1. You are looking at a chart for a brand-new system a few days old. So you are looking at hour-by-hour details, which is not really generally appropriate chart accuracy.

2. Charts are accurate with several-hour latency. The reason you saw a drop a few hours after you closed your trade is because we finally “got” to your chart and updated it with latest equity. This sort of several-hour latency will not be noticeable once you have more than a few days history in your strategy.

3. Regarding chart frequency/latency: strategies with actual subscribers, more investor interest/views, etc. get updated more frequently. Charts for strategies that are essentially empty have slightly longer latency.

4. Thumbnails are cached and updated only periodically. (And granularity is much higher - not as much detail)

1 Like

Thanks for the insight, Matthew. Very helpful… I may have missed it, but if you guys have the dev time you might consider a little modal popup with this information near the chart. It makes total sense.

C2 factor commissions at 2 am ET , so if the previous session you made alot of trades , commissions are discounted at the update at 2-3 am ET .