Ignore Feature, Palsun, et al

Based on a suggestion from a Craig Bender PM, I have decided he has a good point. Palsun Anund aka many other identities no longer exists. So from now on:

Palsun is on permanent ignore.

I will no more deal with his multiple identities (shape-shifting).

No more reading extended Ayn Rand quotes.

No more reading diatribes calling others yellow, moronic, parasitic, evil, immoral.

No more of his rants against C2, MK.

No more of his bashing of industry-accepted statistics such as Sharpe ratio.

No more about how things like a 95% max DD has no meaning until realized.

I may slip occasionally if he really goes off the wall. But it is my intent to not even read things from Palsun. But if one of his alter egos, it may not be apparent.

Goodbye, Palsun. I hope you find satisfaction among your multiple personalities.

Ross without you and Sam there would be no Paulson. Most people are doing exactly what you suggest however not just to Paulson but you also.

Then if he disappears, so be it.

> Ross without you and Sam there would be no Paulson.

This is simply untrue. Pal posted 1000’s of pages before I even arrived

on C2. He often attacks me in threads where I have not even posted or

am posting benign info to someone else. He often responds to HIS own

posts in threads.

Again, I will shoulder some blame, but your statement above is false.

I am trying to ignore him too, but sometimes it is hard to resist the temptation.

It’s too bad. I had some fun having Pal talk to an AI bot in his “Pride (revisited)” thread: http://www.collective2.com/cgi-perl/board.mpl?want=listmsgs&boardid=25386645&message=all&session=21326161442833254671255758202686886

(for those who want to check out the bot, visit: http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=f5d922d97e345aa1)

So your polite replies were actually the apex of passive-aggressive humiliation…

LOL.

LOL.

LOL.

>Ross without you and Sam there would be no Paulson.

It is not the whole truth. To make it completely true, modify it to "Ross without the likes of you Sam et. al., there would be no Palsun." LOL.

I’m glad you find this amusing. You make the world a happier place.

MK et al,

Aside from all the BS - yes let us put others on ignore (I do anyways)!

How many people wish they had a system like Pal’s Magnum (Prudent) Futures or could even trade so many instruments?

OK, so Pal manages many other systems that have come up short and still has the time to wrangle with witlessness? (Is that a word?)

His wordy posts do convey a lot of wisdom and truth regarding humanity, but do get tiresome. The less egged on by all the less unproductive posts experienced from all - not to mention the misguiding of viewers!

I know my post are wordy, but I at least am trying to be efficient and accomplished - not to mention constructive. If what I post is not deemed worthwhile - do like me move on to the next.

But that is not what this post is for. This is for Pal. I can honestly say that if I had 100k to put into this system on 2/19/07 and made over $100k after commissions and Realism Factor…I’d probably be smiling ;).

By simply continuing to make higher highs and higher lows this 6 month Fund - in just one more year will have granted me $700,000 from my $100,000!!

Oh!..and the drawdown!?! Although seemingly intolerable at times, C2 says I only have a 5.5% risk of a 20% drawdown. After all, what has Pal done for his fortunate subscribers since the market began tanking near the end of June?

Just 65k on 200k or 32.5%! I guess some are laughing on the way to the bank.

So blather on like a fool for all I care - its not like I have to read all your ‘philosophical’ posts (they are too long for me). As long as they haven’t an attacking nature…chances are you won’t be on ignore. But if I could I’d still have my money down for the next year or so.

He has at least proven not to reach newer lows (which is about where I’d enter). From there I could close out autotrading if a further 20% drawdown was experienced.

But hey, I am not an expert at much of anything - so in looking at past levels of risk for each trade, most of them are very low and the few extreme losses I could easily filter out with my own stop level.

Gilbert

You make the world a happier place. What system should I use next month? There are 14. Thanks.

“You may find it useful to examine this list to see if the system vendor has created numerous systems, hoping to randomly “find” a good one. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with creating multiple systems – each with with different strategy, say, or each geared to different instruments – but it’s worth your looking into before you decide to subscribe.”

Sour grapes!

ALICE: Woe! Politeness is a virtue.

Moreover, who said that I want you as a subscriber? You are funny man, Uncle Sam. Sorry, can’t stop laughing. LOL.

> Sour grapes!

Perhaps I’m just expressing my own concern about it.

> Moreover, who said that I want you as a subscriber?

Are you a perfectionist?

> You are funny man, Uncle Sam.

Humor helps keep the conversation lively.

>Sorry, can’t stop laughing.

There is no need to apologize.

> LOL.

I’m glad you find this amusing. You make the world a happier place.

I love Alice.

Thanks for the tip.

> I can honestly say that if I had 100k to put into this system on 2/19/07 and made over $100k after commissions and Realism Factor…I’d probably be smiling ;).

Questions:

Would you have held on through two $150,000 DD’s?

Are you OK with no stops: “Most orders @ Mkt”?

Would you be “laughing on the way to the bank” if you signed

up in late March or late May?

“C2 says I only have a 5.5% risk of a 20% drawdown”.

MK/C2 have noted this is contradictory. See: “Max Drawdown 46.77% (20070409 to 20070418)”. So in point of fact there were two drawdowns more than double 20%…and the system is still young.

> By simply continuing to make higher highs and higher lows this 6 month Fund - in just one more year will have granted me $700,000 from my $100,000!!

On that note, I can show you 100+ systems that performed well for

a small slice of time and ended up getting killed. I can show you

a handful without leaving Pal’s list. Your “positive feedback” is what

Jack Schwager calls the well chosen example. Schwager mentions this in the context of system vendors conning potential subscribers:

“From date A to date B the system made 700%! In just five years, working only five minutes a day, you can make $700,000,000!”

(insert CFTC disclaimer here).

Sound familiar?

BTW, what “higher highs”? It made one higher high and has yet to exceed the March equity high. In fact, if you had signed up in late March you would still be under water.