Help Zip4x strategy

I analysed this strategy and I realized that I’m missing something. Matt closed his Clone in 2015…
I think strategy has no stops and looks like it shows returns on whole investment since inception. Does any one tried it as it listed with 10K 600$ fees are very steep ? I’m on the face, but thinking to gamble like many would on this board. Your reply appreciated.
Thank you,
Paul

It shows an 89% drawdown (which is a hypothetical C2 drawdown, I believe a real drawdown is over 100%), why would anyone put real money on that? Why pay someone to lose all your money?

It’s easy to do what he does. Just make a forex bet, if it makes a profit take it. If the trade goes against you wait for it to turn around. If it goes more against you buy more. Keep doing that until you either make a profit or blow up. Sell the “strategy” on C2 and maybe a few people will pay you $600/month for it.

Hi David,
I review trades just before your message and I noticed it as well . He always adding to losing position. Based on your experience which strategy would u recommend?
Thanks,
Paul

I’m not licensed and cannot recommend anything in particular for you. However in general for myself I use The Grid and set strategy age > 250 and then simply sort by Calmar Ratio which ranks amount of return divided by amount of drawdown which is usually what I care about. Some people like Sharpe Ratio and that’s pretty good too. I will have to do a sanity check to avoid the martingale junk–if you want to do that automatically just add a filter to remove all systems with winning % higher than 85% or so. The result is a list of good potential systems that I’ll look through and pick some to look into closer.

2 Likes

David, I understand that you are not a investment adviser. I’m watching this one for a while now… what do u think…Looks like, close enough per your taste…
Thanks,
Paul

keep an eye on this one, just give it a bit more time

David, couldn’t agree with you more. All this strategy (like so many others on c2, unfortunately) is doing is hoping that the initial trade entry luckily becomes a winner or the developer simply doubles down when the trade goes south against them and keeps doing this day by day until trend finally turns around the other way. Again, as you said, why throw away your money to a developer when a subscriber can mimic and do exactly what this system is doing?

I’ve only just glanced at it but Charise Francesca looks like it’s adding to losers until they turn around. Expand the details on the trades and you can see it adds to losers. If that’s what is happening it’s not something I would subscribe to.

Maybe also keep an eye on my strategy?:

It is TOS (which means I share the same risk with you if you scale the same as I) and I am not trying to do anything hazy…

The strategy is called Martingale and is very common here on C2. It is used by gamblers and charlatans. Here is a full discussion of the strategy: Latest Martingale Systems (and other ways to go broke fast)

Check out my strategy:

It is a "follow trend "strategy.
I set stop when market is against me, instead of average down.

David,
Thanks a lot. This is great, now I’m in better place. I really appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Paul

1 Like

RenatoCosta,

You may have been one of the lucky ones then with this strategy. Here is the real question you and any potential subscriber has to ask themselves when it comes to Zip4x:

Ask yourself, is a $100 loss for a potential $1 gain really worth the risk of your hard earned money?

In one of his trades, a hypothetical 270K risk (DD at one time) eventually becomes a 2.7K eventual gain (after a series of “doubling down” while trade continues to go against him) , so basically a subscriber must be willing to be in the hole and go to sleep being down 100x of what he or she could potentially make just to make $1. This is what an astute potential future subscribers should be looking at. Happy Trading.

1 Like

Hi Paul,

You can keep an eye on my strategy if you are interested. I never double down and always have a hard stop loss order in place. Thanks.

Super Bull

Hello Super,
I will.
Thanks,
Paul

I guess some of us paying attention knew that this was bound t to happen and it was just a matter of time.

The Martingale King is now biting the dust…sad thing is that 2 subscribers had just actually paid $600 each to follow this gambling of a system…just unbelievable.

2 Likes

its just a 40% drawdown right ? it happens… some VIX strategies here has 40% draw down recently.

It’s not 40%. He does not shows loss trades in here ( u can see several trades, 2-3 trades in early stages) , that’s means, you have to combine together from previous month until this months, which is 52.2 % loss. Don’t forget the result from sync issue that’s happened this week, the real losses for his subscribers is even higher. Is there any zip4x subscribers give some input what is going on in this strategy…

thanks for the insight. how come the graph only showing hes roughly down only 50%. still have 1 million paper money left. ya, sucks for subscribers that are down 98% real money!

He is long Pound …