Mentor

Continued from the Archer forum.

Rick, I agree that hiring a stranger as mentor is a bad idea. But even you seem to suggest that some personal communication with others can be beneficial. The kind of insight that you described is not something you can get from talking with your wife if she isn’t interested in trading.

Jules,

I know you are respected as a statistician and what not. I do not know how you rank wrt profiting from “trading” methodologies.

But I think it would be great to give one person a FREE year with Kingdom Capital Training Institute - to actually make every trade both in and out of all covered call positions. . .even if executed the next day.

The year will inevitably bring a multi-month rally, a correction and some waning periods of churn. By following each trade it can ultimately sink in during this relatively short period of time exactly how market beating and high calmar results can be obtained for the individual - for many, many subsequent years for him/her.

After what may be for most SO MANY years of subpar results just one year taking on every one of my covered call trades would be a good testimonial if the knowledge can be efficiently transferred to make one an “edge” they can use for the rest of their trading years.

Yes, that’s just one year learning to target a rally, ramp up gains and hold onto them, routinely.

(just my 2c)

Regards,

Gilbert

Jules I suspect networking is one of the key ingredients to success in all endeavors. I believe the trading challenge naturally attracts solitary individuals. Being solitary is fine however it naturally eliminates the potential to learn something new from others.

We have seen it in the past here on C2 sticking out like a sore thumb. The C2 community attacking other traders here has been nothing short of absurd. When a trader refuses that information he is unfamiliar with he closes himself off from new ideas and this naturally closes him in to only the knowledge he already has. He has no opportunity for growth.

Rick Haines

Science Trader

The trick is to look for a “mentor” outside of the trading community. George Soros, for example, got his ideas from Karl Popper:

I would agree. At some time I was really impressed by Le Bon Gustave “Psychologie des foules”. There are few very applicable to trading topics.

richard,

If I were interested in a trading mentor it would be a person that could teach me to learn myself. Someone that can get me to go within and dig deep into my inner being and know the real reason people make money or loss money trading. That’s not the focus with traders and trading products. And that’s partially why so few win.

I hope you aren’t speaking about psychoanalysis :wink: Your “inner being” isn’t a matter for the market, but it has very defined correlation with acceptable systems by you and your place on the market. Simply, you have double task. First you have to find something tradeable and second you have to adjust the abnormality for yourself for your inner being. Your adjustment should be profitable, because the market still doesn’t care about your inner being. Imho, major problem lays in the adjustment. You have to figure out what you can trade and what doesn’t fit you.

Jules,

The kind of insight that you described is not something you can get from talking with your wife if she isn’t interested in trading.

(sigh) wives are interested only in positive results of trading lol

But even you seem to suggest that some personal communication with others can be beneficial.

Correct. Only in case if you don’t request the mentoring specifically. Hmm… You have to offer something. At least some info. I.e.

- Guys. I found X situation that gives 220 possible profitable outcomes from 280 observations.

- Illiquid, pink stocks?

- yes

- forget it if you trade more than 100 shares per position.

Kind of real dialog, but I tried it anyway :wink:

Eu

yikes - I opened the "ignored" posters, and there was GA promoting himself.

Gilbert, what makes you think people want you to mentor them? Your lack of skill and knowledge, as well as your ludicrous claims have been amply demonstrated.

You NEED a mentor badly, you are completely unqualified to MENTOR anyone, unless it is gaining self-delusional skills…

For anyone unaware of his history and foolishly considering his offer, Gilbert pretty much lied about everything from his past, and proved his lack of ability throgh multiple farcical "systems." STAY FAR AWAY FROM HIM!!!