Please try the new C2 beta

Also about the SIM , we can’t scale less then 100%, how about putting in our own %

No, the point of the new “You can SIM any strategy for as long as you like, with one click” feature is that you are not allowed to see individual open positions or receive individual trade signals for strategies in Sim mode. For that, you would need to subscribe to the strategy. (But I can add a new view to allow you to see open positions for strategies you pay/subscribe to).

Matt: I do not understand the “random order” of the dashboard on the new site. I trade many systems (>30), and the list order makes no sense. On the original site, the dashboard is reverse alphabetical, the strategy list is alphabetical. Can we please have a consistent standard for the order? Maybe the same order as the old site?

Thanks

It would be very helpful if you could include a note someplace that makes clear precisely when a “day changes”, and also when the $ numbers are not being updated at all. Many systems trade futures, which are 24/5, and it is unclear when the day moves for them.

Leslie - good point; it should be made clear on the screen. But for now, I can tell you that the “day” starts at 9:00 AM ET for all instruments.

yes a view to see simulations for systems I subscribe to would be great. The old dash had it and lower scales below 100% like the old c2 would be good too.

Also, as I am sure you are aware by now, the data for daily gains are different between the 2 versions, and not even close in agreeing. I think the old version is correct when the market is open - (but badly incorrect after the close). The new version seems to be incorrect during the market open period. I think the “daily change” is actually the total change since the start of the new C2, rather than daily, but I am not sure.

It is pretty important to get the data right.

1 Like

Some further improvements have been added to the new Beta version of C2:

1. Improved “Trade Leader” view.
  2. Dashboard now accurately reflects whether you are viewing the site as a “Leader” or “Investor.” (i.e. reduced clutter)
  3. “Open Positions” and “Recent Buy/Sell Signals” viewable from the dashboard.
  4. Fixed P/L reporting errors caused when Trade Strategies “rescaled” (this caused several P/L errors reported last week).

As always, your feedback is welcome. Especially when it’s unreserved adulation.

Matthew

3 Likes

Great work !
Could you add a button to be able to close all open positions at once. This could be a benefit if markets became erratic or when one has 20 open positions and has to click through each trade to exit.
Thank you.

A trading friend told me that if you auto trade at IB and click on the “Close all Positions” button, which you find under the “Trade” menu on the very top line of TWS, it will close all positions and C2 will not repopulate the positions until you click on any one of the status icons on the Control Panel. I have never tried it, maybe somebody else has and can confirm it.

We’ll make the sequence user-sortable soon.

Hello Matthew,

I tried to play with the c2 beta simulation engine. I like it and I think is a nice tool. But I have a fast question:

• I noticed that in the Dashboard is shown the open positions of the strategies that I’ve picked up. Can you confirm that the delay of open positions for Non-subscribers decided by the developer is in place? It seems to me that this is not the case.

Thanks!

@MechStrat - Are you saying that you see detailed position-by-position list of positions for those strategies you are Simulating? (You should not be able to.) If this is what you see, please send me a screenshot of what you are looking at so I can understand it better. (help@collective2.com)

If you are instead asking: Is the overall P/L of a strategy that I simulate displayed in real-time or not? - Then the answer is that yes, the overall P/L of a strategy being simulated is displayed in real time.

Some systems that I paid for I can setup the new papertrade account and others I can’t. Once I turn off the simulation to turn on the papertrade account I can’t find that option anywhere. Is this a glitch?

Matthew, I just experienced my first trade signal in the new C2 release. Lo and behold, the signal wasn’t displayed on the new dashboard in the center of screen, as has always been customary, but instead was suddenly posted (parenthetically, almost as an afterthought) as the latest entry in the Activity Feed!! LOL, it would have been nice in your summary of the new features if you’d warned manual traders about this. Luckily it was colored green so my little eye spied it in time. I don’t mind if that’s where we now have to look, but a little “heads up” could have gone a long ways. Apologies in advance if you already addressed this change in a previous Forum posting.

I’m sorry this is (still) undocumented, but click the little “bell” icon near the Event Feed to make new signals sound a repetitive and in-your-face alert.

TT - The “Paper Trading” broker is just like any other AutoTrade broker. You can select it for any strategy for which you have a live/paid subscription. (Using “C2 Paper Trader” AutoTrade Broker does not count as a strategy that takes up a slot on your AutoTrade Plan.)

I am unable to choose c2 papertrade account for systems I pay for. I was able to do it for 1 system but not the others. I took them off simulation the ones I paid for and tried to put them on paper trading but the option was not there. I think it’s a glitch in the system. Please look into it. the systems are stuck in simulation.

@MatthewKlein When I look at an abandoned system the message at the top can not be clicked away. So it blocks the search bar and the other icons of the top bar. Please add a close button.