Problems posting from my EA

Hi,

Something has changed… I can’t post from my script any more.

I request the equity available and I get a valid response. Then I post the trade and I get the available equity back again.

Is the minimum time I need to wait between posts?

Guy -

Without revealing your password, please post here (or email me) exactly what you post and exactly what you receive.

Post = 2012.01.04 12:00:01 Silk-Range USDCHF,H1: Alert: USDCHF Collective2 url=http://www.collective2.com/cgi-perl/signal.mplcmd=signal&systemid=68815388&pw=****&instrument=forex

&action=STO&quant=9&symbol=USDCHF

&signalid=20876&stoploss=0.945&profittarget=0.9388

Reply = <collective2>\n<hypotheticalEquity>\n <system>\n <systemid>68815388</systemid>\n <systemname>Silk II</systemname>\n <totalequityavai-------------------HOFSTADTER<collective2>\n<hypotheticalEquity>\n <system>\n <systemid>68815388</systemid>\n <systemname>Silk II</systemname>\n <totalequityavail>10227.35</totalequityavail>\n <cash>10227.35</cash>\n <equity>0</equity>\n <marginused>0</marginused>\n </system>\n</hypotheticalEquity>\n\n</collective2>

If I post the same string from a browser it works… Thats why I wondered if there is some sort timing issue.

Damn. This morning, I noticed "broken" XML in the Signal Entry API, and so I cleaned it up and fixed it. This actually caused the MT4/C2 interface to break. I guess the current version of the software was built to expect the broken XML. I have reverted the code to be as it was this morning, and will work with Duncan to transition to clean XML. I apologize for this problem. It was stupid of me to change something.

Did this affect me as well?

Hum, well we all make mistakes, but this issue is not just a day old for me, it started a few weeks ago… and it doesn’t matter which of my systems

Guy -

The only way to track this down is to look at a specific incident. When a specific incident occurs, we’ll compare what you see on your side (your software’s local logs about what is sent to and received from C2) versus what C2 sees on its side. Email me when next appropriate.

ok )

@Matthew,

Is there a way I can test my MT4 EA to see if its sending orders properly?

I want to make sure it’s ok before I get another signal.

Thanks,

Adrian

I suppose you can generate a garbage signal. I.E. limit or stop at some ridiculous price unlikely to be hit.

Matthew,

I’m getting this error:

2012.01.05 10:55:31 TradeMonitorC2Basic-3.1 EURUSD,H1: cannot load library ‘MT4C2SignalEntry.dll’ (error 126)

How can I fix this? Not sure why it’s doing this.

Thx,

Adrian

Let me forward your message to Duncan, who is the independent software developer that sells the MT4/C2 interface, and will best be able to support his product. Just for future reference, you can always reach him directly at MT4help@collective2.com

Matthew,

It’s working. I’m working on a new computer and had the MT4C2SignalEntry file setup on the wrong MT4 platform.

Working fine now. Thanks.

Adrian

[LINKSYSTEM_55489441]