Rookie Trade Leader Question

Hopefully this has a quick answer. I know the quotes that C2 gets on the System Dashboard are delayed - however I’m very confused why the open positions show a very different P&L than the Dashboard itself.
Which one is correct and why are the different?
Main Dashboard

Position Page

1 Like

I do not know why these differences occur. I find these inconsistencies every day in my three models.

one is current position PL. one is PL change base since date of subscription.

unless you have never closed any position since strategy inception.

I’m looking at the Today column - I would assume that that’s my P&L today - that should be the same as the Today P&L on the Dashboard though - right?

do you have yesterday’s position page or image? todays PL change just subscribe the difference between yesterdays position PL and todays/current PL

Unfortunately don’t have yesterday’s pic.
What’s confusing is - all brokers have a daily P&L change - which basically shows how much the open positions changed from yesterday’s close price (* nbr of shares). That number on the main dashboard should closely mimic the position page.

In both cases this should only be calculated based on open positions. I wouldn’t mind if they’re slightly off - maybe the quotes are sampled or come in with different schedules - however one page (Dashboard) shows decent green while the position page shows red on all positions for the daily P&L.

take a screenshot of your position balance at 12am and look at it tomorrow’s PL

im looking at your strategy graph. everything looks correct. i believe your open position PL page has a delay. 40min or a hour. cant remember.

Osutai - thx so much for your help so far - you’re definitely speeding up my learning curve on here

I find that the Dashboard Today P/L column is often wrong - containing a non-zero value for a system that has not had any trades in the day…reflecting the previous day’s activity. I don’t know what the cutoff is for “today” but it is not correct.

I agree the P&L is unusable.
Here’s what it looked like 30 minutes before market open this morning - grabbed a SShot based on the advise in the thread
43%20AM26%20AM
As you can see the Dashboard show’s yesterday’s values, the Open positions show whatever they want - neither one is correct. Then about 5 minutes before market open the dashboard resets to 0 - however the open positions do not.
14%20AM

Not sure if that is on purpose of if C2 doesn’t care about this (I’m assuming this impacts every trader or at least the ones that trade stocks). If you want to professionally manage systems you better have a platform that works correctly. Every single trading platform I use offers a correct Daily P&L for free - on here I feel like I’m getting nickel and dimed just to have API access and can’t use any of the reporting capabilities. :frowning:

3 Likes

I’ve wondered about all this stuff too myself. Can’t count the times I’ve looked over C2 site and mumbled the words, “now why is it like that?”