Software Error

I accidently type in the wrong BIG figure on a stop (in a mkt order in GBPUSD) and was filled straight away … I realised the error and place another order straight away … I checked 2mins after and couldn’t see the new position.

Then I sent in another order … this time to sell 100 minlots @ mkt … and again I stuffed up the STOP price … I had already hit the “send order” button when I realised … so I hit STOP on internet explorer … I was still on the enter new trade screen … so I adjusted the stop again … and hit “send” … then the system stalled for about 2 mins … I closed and reopened IE … but everytime I tried to go to www.collective2.com … I would get this msg::

Software error:

DBI connect(‘database=collective2;host=localhost’,‘c2’,…) failed: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock’ (2) at /usr/local/apache/htdocs/collective2.com/cgi-perl/startc2.mpl line 128

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (mlk@matthewklein.org), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Anyone know what this is?

And I just tried TWICE to sell 100 gbpusd at market … but i get this error:

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).

Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.

On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.

Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.

Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.

If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.

Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error

Internet Explorer

I’m doing some work on the site during market shutdown hours. There will be sporadic connection problems but everything will be back up in the next 5 mins.

Where does that leave me in terms of the trades …

There was an opportunity to SELL the GBPUSD that i was able to broadcast to my subscribers - BUT i had entered an incorrect stop. (this Signal made it to my subscribers) … but my next 4 broadcast and signals DID NOT. I wanted to enter the trade (I put in an order to SELL 40 at market with the correct STOP; and it had a message in that trade something like “sorry … wrong BIG figure on the STOP … WE want to SELL GBP here” … and then two more MARKET ORDERS to sell 100 mini lots each (as explained above) ALL THREE of these signals and a BROADCAST message couldn’t get through to my subscribers … to make it worse . I also have a losing trade that I couldn’t amend or re-enter. (it is only 1pip … but still its the principle)

The entry was to sell 40 GBPUSD @ Mkt (filled @ 1.8713) and a stop at 1.8725 (accidently entered at 1.8325)

On C2, the forex markets are shut between 5:00 pm and 5:30 pm Eastern. Further, the total server down time was about 2 minutes during this period … no more.

And because the C2 forex markets were shut down, there was no way to fill trades between 5:00 and 5:30 pm, anyway.

So I’m not entirely sure I understand the issue. If what I’m saying doesn’t answer your question, let’s take this off-line and please email me (matthew at collective2). I’ll try to help.

As you know … I’m only 1-1/2 weeks old …and still learning all the naunces of Collective2 … and if you don’t ask … you’ll never learn.

Please don’t think that I am complaining … far from it … I am Extremely happy with the site.

Keep up the excellent work Matthew.

Why not just have a specific down/maintenance time posted on the web site where everyone can see it like most brokers have (if you dont arlready).

Or stick it in the FAQ :slight_smile: