Spam/Advertising via Private Messages

Matthew,

I was excited to receive an email telling me I had my first private message to view. I hoped that someone was inquiring about my system with a question or other inquiry. Or perhaps somethng of relevance from a system I subscribe to, etc…

Imagine my disappointment to log in and find an advertisement from a system developer that I had never heard of advertising his latest pricing for a system I have no interest in and haven’t ever even viewed.

If I got this PM, I’m pretty sure that others got “spammed” with it as well… Personally, I find it annoying and would hope that the PM function wouldn’t be used by spammers or system vendors to advertise systems…

Here’s my spammer’s message:

Sent at: 2/16/07 (13:12)

Message text:

Dear Trader, We want just inform you that: from 1st of March 2007, there 'll be fixed monthly fees of US$199 (only on profitable mounths) to subscribe INVINCIBLEX, instead of US$20 per profitable trade. Please let me know if you need further infos. INVINCIBLEX is now completed auto-tradeable through C2. The occasion to remember that we have Managed account available with an hiberic (based in Spain and Portugal) Broker, for NON-US Citizens. Kind regards. Domenico Laruccia. www.collective2.com/go/invinciblex

Ditto, I received this unsolicited PM as well

I thinking spamming like this needs to be dealt with seriously.

I received this same crap also… completely unsolicited. I feel violated now, as if he has invaded my privacy and had his way with me. It will require months of psychological counseling as a result, and even then I still may be scarred for life by this incident.

I got one too! I thought I was subscribed to a guy I never heard of?..Jon

I got one too and I don’t like it either. But it is the first one in more than a year, so I don’t think that C2 action is required at this moment.

I have no problem with unsollicited private messages of vendors, if they just ask a question or continue a forum discussion. But I disliked the anonymous content of this particular message and I do consider it as spam.

I got quite a few in the past year. It does not bother me much. I just wish I could delete some of the PMs like in email system.

you can

Can believe I missed the delete column, my window must be opened not wide enough.