Strategy builders and subscribers

I am new to C2 and created my first strategy. I sent the link to a couple of my friends to join and they did not subscribe quickly. No problem. So i took it upon myself to sign my wife up so i could see the steps from a subscribers point of view. First i was requested to sign up free which is not a problem. Once i was signed up and verified via email, then is when I got a shock of the next events. Once I was signed up, i would have expected to be taken to the link that I requested, but instead I was displayed with a list of strategies and within those displayed strategies, I could not find mine. I had to perform a search to find my strategy. After I found it, i signed up to follow the strategy that I came to the site for in the first place. Then the next shock was that when a new user signs up, C2 takes it upon themselves to sign you up to random strategies based most likely the terms and conditions. So to my question.
Am I the odd one out or does this seem odd, that one, it is so hard to subscribe to a specific strategy, and two that C2 randomly signs a new follower up to random strategies? If I am spending marketing dollars or spending time inviting friends to see my specific strategy, why would I want them instantly subjected to other choices of strategies. Not that they I dont want them to have a choice but if i spend my time and effort I would like the highest chances of paying off. Good or bad comments welcome.

2 Likes

I absolutely agree. If you´re doing marketing for your strategies outside of C2 it´s distracting that those who follow your call get bombarded with random systems.
Also for those developers who are happy they got new subscribers it´s misleading because those subscribers never had the real intention to follow the system. So it´s a lose-lose situation.

A tutorial for new investors/followers would be way better solution than randomly signing them up for strategies they didn´t choose.

2 Likes

I definitely understand where you’re coming from. I recently created a new separate account so I could take screen shots of each step of the process and put them together in a document for friends. (It ended up being 26 pages!) That seems like a lot, but in fairness, it’s not as long as the document I put together with the steps to set up an Interactive Brokers account. :slight_smile: I agree, and was a bit surprised to get automatically subscribed to some sample strategies. The screen titled “Select your first strategies” has the options of Stock, Forex, Futures, or “Surprise me”. After selecting one of these strategy types, the user is automatically subscribed to 5 sample strategies. I think instead, the user should be given the choice of the sample strategies which they would like to subscribe to, and a link to “find other strategies”. It does work out nicely when your strategies are in the sample group! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

WOW no wonder why I can’t get even friends to sign up to my free signal.

1 Like