The Grid

Can anyone explain to me why the system are located in the table as they are (no sorting).

Why trading system with the age of 717, a profit factor of 2.1, the annual yield of 39%, 28% drawdown is located on the start list. But trading system with the age of 736, a profit factor of 1.6, the annual yield of 36%, 15% drawdown is located on the seventh page.

Just do not talk about the points system. And do not tell me that a system is interested in more users. All this has nothing to do with real trade.

It is unfortunate that during the existence of the site, the organizers have not been able to develop reliable estimates of the system of trading systems. I do not want to think that the organizers are concerned first and foremost getting the money for the promotion of trading systems in the first line of the table.

In general, would love to hear from users and the organizers of the site.

> And do not tell me that a system is interested in more users.

Yep, the system has more subscribers.

>It is unfortunate that during the existence of the site, the organizers have not been able to develop reliable estimates of the system of trading systems.

Their primary purpose is to serve as a third party auditor of the performance of the systems, not necessarily to develop reliable estimates of the systems (however noble the pursuit may be).

>I do not want to think that the organizers are concerned first and foremost getting the money for the promotion of trading systems in the first line of the table.

No profit, no production (productivity being the noblest pursuit of all).

Unfortunately, I can say that this website (with their assessment submitted trading systems) confuses beginners, and gives no help existing traders in the evaluation of their trading systems. That ultimately leads to loss of money and beginners and experienced traders.

Honestly, I was hoping to find with the aid of this site a professional, independent assessment of the established (including me) trading systems. After staying with C2 for about two years now (unfortunately) I can say - "sorry wrong address."

You can sort The Grid however you like. Click on any column heading to sort.

You can also hide or show whatever columns you like. (There are other columns that are available to you which are not part of the default screen.) You can apply whatever filter you like to any column.

The default sorting is by “popularity,” which we’ve found to be a reasonable way to start, since everyone has his own opinion about which particular mathematical metric is best, while popularity is at least a useful gauge of systems worthy of examination one way or another.

Matthew

Hello . Is there anywhere a clasification of the transactions systems after the number of subscriptions ? Or where could I see how many persons are subscribed in each system ?

Thank you

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for your response. But let me disagree with you about what everyone can have their opinion on a particular trading system.

There are essentially only two main indicators of efficiency of a trading system. And you certainly know them. It profit and drawdown. The rest of the evil one.

You can of course turn up any of the ratings provided by commercial systems using artificial (you created) indicators, but the real trade in this system it will not have any relation.

So please understand me correctly. I’m for fair play.

Most of the trading systems on the front pages of the table, sorted as you put it on the “popularity” is not suitable for trading. And these systems were on the front pages primarily because of your greed. Just because the creators of these systems, pay you an additional fee for advertising their trading systems - for the fact that they were the first lines. Agree to an honest assessment is irrelevant.

Matthew,

Thanks for the info. I didn’t realize there were more columns.

Thanks,

Julio

>Most of the trading systems on the front pages of the table, sorted as you put it on the “popularity” is not suitable for trading.

In other words, the so called popular systems are non-objective (in your opinion and you may be or may not be correct). However, in this type of setup, individuals are free to be objective or non-objective.

C2 can (and does) specify some common sense minimums for various metrics which must be met by systems to qualify. For example: Age >= 30, # of Trades >= 30, Profit Factor > 1, Sharpe > 1, APD > 0 etc. The user can then sort on those columns which they deem important (like Annualized return etc.), to arrive at a list of filtered systems to further research on, add to watchlist and subscribe to. The final list closely resembles “popularity,” displayed on the front page of grid, which may or may not be objective.

So, any person can choose to brush reason aside but, since there is no agency to deflect the principle of justice (fair play), such persons do not set the long-range economic terms of the society, for such men lose out, and they continue to lose unless they learn a better approach.

This setup thus institutionalizes though it cannot compel, respect for reality and men’s economic (and other) evaluations are set accordingly.

Market value of any product has the tendency to approach the products philosophically objective value, as people gain the requisite knowledge. In time barring accidents, the two assessments coincide.