What do people want?

A single trader in any year can do anything. Anyone can do 100%+ in a year. I’ve run a 100%+ system myself for a year before it’s returns started dropping. But doing huge returns year after year for any length of time is incredibly rare. Either the risks you are taking catch up to you and you have a blow out, or the compounding of gains makes enough money that the edge of the strategy degrades and can no longer bring in the same returns.

6 Likes

You can’t build a track record secretly. Once you change it to live, the record goes away and you have to start from scratch…

On a 10 K account, no, on a 100K account, yes.

Sure he can , he simply can switch his system from private to public back and forth as he wishes .

But the track record will disappear. You can’t have a test system, make good money then try to switch to a Live system and carry over the test record.

Try it, I guarantee… :slight_smile:

Its set to private doesnt mean its a test system , track record wont disappear .

1 Like

Hm, I wasn’t aware there was a 3rd choice. I thought it was either Test or Live. Are you sure about the Private setting?

If you already paid for the system yes you can switch between public and private as you wish .

You shouldn’t be able to make strategies private and it should take several months to delete a strategy after initiating the process. In the past I noticed quite a few charlatans who created several strategies, shotgunned some ideas, saw what stuck, then deleted or made private the other strategies and milked subs on the “profitable” strategy.

1 Like

I agree and Matthew argued the same a while ago, that’s why I was surprised there was a Private version…

The best advice I’ve heard in these forums :heart_eyes:

It’s not about hiding performance secretly. It’s about gaining the confidence that the system works out of sample before having people subscribe to it. I have seen so many systems that work great in backtests and sims, but collapse when real money is at stake. So, I insists that I make money with my system before launching it to the public. Not important to me if the prior performance becomes public or not as long as I know that it works well out of sample with real money at stake.

1 Like

Surely, you can set it to non-subscribers, it means everyone can see it but can’t take part in it.

“What people want” with regards to trading systems and the reality of what a system can return (over the long term) are miles apart!

1 Like

You absolutely nailed it. :slight_smile:

Whether investors are aware of it or not, first of all what they want is not to lose money and only then make money. Quite a few say they are willing to see high DD for high income but are not able to stand it after all…
This means that the Trade Leader should keep of the most rigorous risk management to save the subscribers from themselves…

1 Like

Yeah that makes total sense, been there a few times myself, thinking you are ok with a certain DD only to see that it’s so much harder to stomach than what you thought. That is also when you loose confidence and start doing stupid stuff (learned that the hard way).

2 Likes