EasyGBP - New Strategy

Here’s my new strategy EasyGBP - [c2page] [myfxbook] - I didn’t plan on posting a thread until I got at least 100+ trades into it but as an old pro I decided being candid would be more fun (since the strategy is fully-automated). These same trades will also be driving my upcoming MFF challenge so during this period where I was just going to build a track record might as well let 'er rip publicly. The strategy is pretty basic and best described as the traditional ‘cut your losses and let your profits run’. All trades have tight stop-losses (on my side. I cant stomach big losses - I need my beauty sleep) and the lot size scales accordingly.

This system is a pretty boring trader. It trades pretty often to get into the action so you wont be Dazzled by a 90% Win Rate but win pips amounts vs loss pips are nicely tilted to the winners. We Ain’t Fancy…

NOTE: First equity dip caused by Oanda normal spread account which had an adverse effect since my stops are pretty tight. Switched to commission and the account recovered quickly (Oanda was trading terrible vs Tickmill raw spreads. Commision has much better spreads but $10 round trip).

NOTE: Second equity dip caused by skipped trades from my trade copier. Of course while setting it up it missed the HUGE GBP crash that the master account was trading. The EA missed 2X huge profitable trades and got in late for a small loss. Grrrrr… - Setup RESTORED and equity rises again. Also Added the AUD pair since it basically trades with 80%+ correlation to GBP. Reduced Risk Per Trade to make room for AUD.

Quick Question: Does Drawdown ever go DOWN? Without those ‘Oops’ losses this would prob be C2Star Ready. Since I’ll prob need a >5% account I’ll prob not RESET it but just askin’

Should be Smooth(er) Sailing from this Point Forward…

Thanks for sharing and taking the trouble to post a description - can never understand why others don’t bother as It’s an immediate red flag. Any reason why you’re using a demo account and not a live one that you are trading yourself - it just gives investors more confidence in your system. Good to see a system with such a high average profit to loss - hope it continues that way. The real test for this system will be when volatility levels level off, but that may take some time with the ongoing crises in the UK and Europe!

2 Likes

I prefer for the Master account to be Demo because they always get perfect fills (and often faster) with no hassle. A LIVE account might hesitate for a variety of reasons. I always copy-trade (even personally) from a driver demo account. I always want the EA making decisions in an uninterrupted flow so the ‘working’ version mirrors 99.99% strategy backtests that always get perfect fills.

As far as non-volatility my 99.99% backtests appear to show minor loss/gains until opportunity presents itself. The AUD backtest for this same timeframe actually shows very gradual upwards movement with almost no stalling. Neither shows huge dips that require a ‘gambling’ recovery so eventually both get back on track. Next week is a HUGE News week so this should be Fun!!

Here’s the AUDUSD 99.99% backtest for the same period. These 2X are the EA’s Wonder-Twins. Highly correlated. It also shows very minor stalling and then continued upward progress.

BREAKING NEWS: Just In Time For My Debut (Ta Daaa) - Finished My 99.99% Testing HIGH-IMPACT Filter for GBP. - AUD is slower and sleepy and doesn’t need it but GBP can have Wild Dips, Swings and Fakeouts. Unfortunately, I had to add another indicator to the system (now at 3) but it should pay for itself by filtering out fakeouts, increasing profits and reducing the already low projected drawdown. This is the Perfect Week To Give It A Spin on GBPUSD (also opens the door for other high-volatility pairs with nice daily movement).

While the increase in profits is very nice. The BOOST in Profit Factor is Startling! (2.90 ->> 5.29) - 25 trades got filtered out and the graph smoothed out so much it looks like a pleasant climbing trail. This tweak should make the ride through choppy water much smoother…

Back with an Update for EasyGBP - [c2page]. WHEW!! - October was a rough month but I got a lot of nice EA improvements out of it. My strategy had a decent start in September and gained 5.3% and it was rolling into October on the same trajectory. After a couple of nice wins it started collecting small losses without a recovery bump. RED ALERT!! - I looked at the GBP charts and they were going cRazY. Turned on the news and Liz Truss (London PM) had fired her finance minister and the UK was in upheaval. Within days she also would be sacked!!

The currency was creating repeated 100+ pips bars back to back. Whipsawing Up and Down. If EasyGBP has a weakness its a Black Swan market that has wild volatility. In the past systems I’ve had that could trade this mess would overtrade since the market can trigger them so easily so I’ve chosen a more sedate approach. After panicking I went to my ‘Watchlist’ and saw that other providers were suffering FAR WORSE than me. After breathing a sigh of relief I went back to work.

I left my system running (since the DD was still low) and after reviewing the resulting trades I was excited to find EA solutions to the volatility issue. In fact after review I concluded that my older version actually did a pretty decent job of managing the madness. Its true that it opened a sequence of losing trades BUT most didn’t hit full Stoploss before closing. In review it was actually impressive risk management.

In any event the end result was the addition of multiple systems that would have greatly reduced even this minor drawdown. I’m curious about how they would have fared. In my estimation, the loss would have been cut by at least 50% and could possibly have resulted in a small profit. The first test of this system was Thursday’s 0.75% interest rate hike and Friday’s NFP. I expected at least ONE trade that would prob close for a small loss but got NADA - NOTHING. For both news items GBPUSD whipsawed wildly and EasyGBP DIDNT BLINK. The new volatility filters worked perfectly and didnt trigger a trade.

So November will be a true picture of the upgraded EA possibilities. I’m FULLY confident in the risk management strategy which has kept Drawdown nicely under 10% even before upgrades. November has started and it appears all is back on track. As stated before the EA cuts losses shorts and lets winners run so even with a low win rate it comes out ahead.

So far in Nov we’ve had 4 trades - 2 Winners (+$2232) , 2 Losers (-$189) and thats closer to what is expected of this system. I expect more small losers but the larger wins will easily surpass the drawdown. I added this system to C2 in Sep and spent about 2 months refining the code and configuring my trade copier setup. This actually resulted in reduced startup profitability as the EA missed profitable trades during this ‘tuning’ period and truthfully the system would be ahead in spite of the GBP whipsaws.

FINALLY it looks like all the bugs have been worked out and it should be smooth(er) sailing going forward. I’m beaming about the new EA systems since the core was so solid and I was actually able to find improvements even at this stage. Now I’m just sitting back and watching the show…

I wasnt going to write this until months end when I could compare Oct. vs Nov. but after ‘Patience Is A Virtue’ and a Youtuber detailed his MILLION dollar trade loss (with video) - I saw how powerful it is to talk about ‘losing’ periods and solutions. The honesty is refreshing. So here’s my GBP Whipsaw tale…

SUPERIOR RISK MANAGEMENT []: Enabled. - This was my #1 concern when writing this EA and the system worked as designed and prevented Drawdown from exceeding 10% even in the worst conditions. SIGN UP TODAY - to Simulate or Trade EasyGBP. I’ve got a good feelin’ about this month…

Back Again With A Report I didnt intend to write. But…

WHATEVER DOESNT KILL YOU - MAKES YOU STRONGER

Last month I was pretty confused by the suddenly reduced effectiveness of my EA. Up to that point (before C2) everything was going along just fine so it was curious timing when it turned. I knew the reason: CHAOS IN THE UK - After Liz Truss was appointed and proposed interest rates cuts IN A RECESSION - Its blew the GBPUSD up and dragged the correlated currencies down and my system was taking a minor beating.

After review, I realized that my minor dip was nothing compared to what others had experienced in the same timeframe (my previous post). In fact, the whole episode turned out to be a blessing in disguise. The upheaval and the British system allowed the calamity to play out in weeks instead of years (from damage to leadership change) providing the PERFECT test conditions for optimization.

I was gonna just generate the report for internal tuning but after I saw the stagnation results I decided to share the info. I guess I’m just stunned that if I hadn’t performed optimization I would still be in that bad period right now waiting for recovery. My NEW settings move the LONGEST period of stagnation from NOW to the beginning of the test (the natural dip spot) and seriously boosted profitability.

It kinda scares me wondering how much longer it would have lasted. It took me a couple weeks of running 99.99% Tick data backtests to find settings that didn’t lose during that October Liz Truss Chaos. Turned out to be a balancing act - If I found setting that profited during this period they were so restrictive that they reduced profitability at other times or so loose that I gained during other periods but lost during the Truss debacle.

Eventually, I ended up with a decent compromise. Settings that were slight losers during the worst periods (or flat) and performing VERY well during other times. After looking at a ton of reports I don’t feel too bad about using the previous settings since they performed well BEFORE that period so there was really no way to see it coming. SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE: The new settings that can withstand the GBPUSD dip are actually 3X more profitable that my ‘good’ previous setting. WOW!! - I was just trying to find DAMAGE MITIGATION.

Also pleasantly surprising was the Monte Carlo simulation which already had a nice distribution. The new settings TIGHTENED up the possible variation and increased the reliability of the EA. I’ll include those simulations here along with the MT4 strategy tester results for the basis of these portfolio comparisons. In the GBPUSD/AUDUSD backtests you can see where I had to leave the ‘stagnation’ period in the chart for overall better results (NZDUSD Badger dont care) and even in those cases its just a profit ‘pause’ instead of a ‘dip’.

These settings have only been ACTIVE for a few days and started off with a BANG by earning about 3.5%+ last week (recovering some of the stagnation period I was in). Excited for the coming weeks to see the NEW setting in action on the account. SIMULATE EasyGBP and Follow Along - It’ll Be FUN…

Never met a backtest I didn’t like :wink:

Doesn’t matter how much you post/explain/etc on here, especially when not TOS.

You won’t get subscribers with talk. All that matters is actual results. Focus on that and you’ll do fine. :+1:

4 Likes

These posts arent designed to convince. The actual trading page with RESULTS is designed for that. I’m just documenting my process and update/changes and being truthful about up/down issues since most traders only post when they’re on a good run or to justify bad results to an outraged user(s).

I’m a hobbyist game designer so I’m prob used to posting dev logs during development and refinement. :wink:

3 Likes

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! - I’m seething and captured of screenshot of my ‘Shit Happens’ Pain for my records and decided to share. My EA has been prepped and tuned. Ready To Go For 2023 and starting out nicely!! 3 Currencies Take-Off and the trade copier I use copies ONLY TWO and of course the Biggest Winner doesn’t make the cut. (GBPUSD dropped outside my max price difference. Increased Now). What sticks the knife even more is that as I type this a 2nd-chance profitable GBPUSD trade is should/would be open (and is on my desktop MT4) if it really didn’t catch the first trade BUT that one did so its not fully reset (just didn’t copy).

Nice knowing that every currency is actually working as designed is good to know. Missing the biggest winner 2X is a gut punch. You can always depend on trading to deliver the ‘feels’. Aside from that EasyGBP entries and exists look FANTASTIC. Its doing a damn good job of taking whats available off the table and getting out of town before the currency reverses even if its only for small gains rather than losses. Lookin’ Good…

In the words of politico Dave Wasserman, “I’ve Seen Enough”. After a couple of years of development and months of forward testing EasyGBP on VPS and C2 while finalizing the code. Jan sucked as a trading month (I’ll skip the first 2 weeks from now on) but it exposed a ‘losing streak’ weakness that can happen in an extended dead market. Patching that hole and further testing has increased the strategy’s robustness to the point that there is no further reason to delay the ticker-tape release…

Feb finally is a month with no further code edits or tweaking. It was also a good trading month that worked well for the way the strategy trades. It’s mostly a ‘hang-around’ strategy that usually has a trade open before major movements. It trades with controlled risk and closes losing trades pretty quickly so win/loss rate is skewed to ‘losing’ but the bigger winners more than compensate.

It’s a classic case of cut your losers short and let your winners run. To formally announce the EasyGBP debut I’m offering an invite to Simulate or Subscribe to EasyGBP For 6-Months at a 30% Discount. After thousands of hours of coding, far too many thousands of tick backtests, sifting settings, re-testing results and finalizing code and setup I’m offering for a LIMITED-TIME (it slices and dices) a code that will Discount the $149 Monthly Price to $99. EARLY BIRD CODE: UGEB46234

The code expires 3/31/2023 so plenty of time to watch from the sidelines. While I started out coding robots to make the most profit with a high win rate, these days I’m more impressed with capital preservation. The robot is VERY defensive and instead of “holding and hoping” it will CLOSE a lingering trade. I always enter when I detect strong momentum so if a trade doesn’t keep moving its time to exit stage right. Usually escaping with a smaller loss and even meager profits at times. Both situations are preferred to eating a Full Stoploss (which are pretty stingy) and improve RR just by being so risk-averse.

Below I’ll post the results of the current portfolio backtest and single currency reports. The code is finalized and I’m currently in the process of rewriting it for MT5. (nice features but surprisingly slower). This will probably be the Lowest Price this system will ever be offered for so I if you’re interested in Forex diversity you might want to consider EasyGBP for a slice of your investment basket.

Backtesting Method: You’ll notice that the backtests all feature pretty low drawdowns. I’m always optimizing for low risk then I’ll sift those results for the highest profits and a few other stability factors. I look for pretty even trade size distributions to avoid ‘home-run’ settings. Which results in nice gradual balance increases and the occasional large currency movement that the robot is designed to capture. It’s a deep search to find those stable settings in the haystack and not just the biggest profit (which is usually a curve-fit). On the flipside those settings also result in smaller downside risk/loss so easier recovery of ‘loss’ periods.

Thnx! For Reading…

TLDR; EasyGBP 100% Automated Trading Robot. $99 6-Month Coupon: UGEB46234

More Info: AKA The KISS Applied
I think of trading as a bucket that gets filled with ‘Money Water’. What stays in the bucket you get to keep. The market is a gun shooting at the bucket. The ‘holes’ create ‘leaks’ (ways to lose you didn’t expect) and the gun can get lucky and shoot the bottom of the bucket and ALL of the water will fall out. - The ‘leaks’ are unexpected events that cause you to lose profits and I’ve tried to close as many exits as I can. The market can always shoot the bottom and take all the water but my TOTAL loss is controlled by my Stoploss which limits my risk to unexpected events. Otherwise, as I spot ‘leaks’ I patched them. After about 1 year I’ve closed most of the ‘leaks’ (or reduced the leakage) and it’s pretty hard for the market to beat me except for shooting the bottom (usually unexpected news that hits my SL).

I guess posting this today helped my productivity. I’ve converted all of the underlying indicator and trade handling systems to MT5. Much of my secret sauce trade management code needs to be implemented but the hardest part of the conversion is complete. After the utility systems I’ve started implementing the trade entry logic and as I stated previously ‘entry’ is one of strength of EasyGBP. This VERY FIRST profitable MT5 backtest without the revenue enhancements again shows me just how strong the basic trade idea is.

Would be careful with backtests. Specifically with the spread. Make sure it’s really 2 pips and not 0.2.

The spread is 2.0 - The robot uses my calculated Bid-Ask for spread. I track the average of the last 100 ticks as info on the display just for personal FYI. Its wider than the average and I pad a minimum of 2.0 to my calculated SL (up to my max allowed). Also MT5 has the real spread embedded in the price data for even better accuracy and my 2-pip pad covers it most times.

1 Like

Do you get similar results with other currency pairs, or just GBP?

I’ll know soon enough about other currencies. On MT5 I have access to more financial instruments. My testing method takes so long using MT4 that I concentrated on those few correlated currencies. MT5 cloud rendering features distributed optimization and lets me test more variables at once. So I’ll get to let it rip on more currencies and see what I can find.

FUN WITH MT5 - Since my MT4 version of EasyGBP is complete and Metaquotes has stopped offering MT4 to force brokers to MT5 I decided to bite the bullet and get the conversion done. Its actually the first time out of thousands of programs I’ve written where I IMMEDIATELY turn around and recode it while still being so fresh from the original. I was able to streamline the code and make it faster for backtesting.

MT5 BACKTESTING - Soooo Good!! Its Multi-Core vs MT4 Single-Core so when I run an optimization with 10,000+ runs EACH CORE/THREAD can tackle the task separately. In addition, MT5 can access the cloud network and recruit other workstations to speed the render. My machine has 12 cores with 24 threads available for rendering. The below pic shows an in-process render with 251 cloud processors helping. Its a paid service but worth it for the speed when you need it. (20+ hour renders can take less than 2 hours)

MT5 also backtests with the real spread instead of a fixed spread. I purchased Tickstory to download tick data but using it with custom symbols restricts rendering to my single machine (24 cores). The settings I get from Dukascopy data seems the most robust (also using Duka tick data for MT4) and creates .set files that produce profit using any other brokers data. In addition to real spreads MT5 lets you simulate latency lag too.

CODE COMPLETE - Couple months back I thought I was done with my EA UNTIL I let it run from Xmas through Post New-Year to see what would happen. Usually, like everyone else I typically wouldnt trade the period but wanted to test my code. IT WASNT PRETTY - The dead market (low volumes, wild swings) sent multiple false signals to EasyGBP that created an ugly balance dip BUT it gave me a chance to update EasyGBP to deal with similar episodes. It didn’t take long for the code to be tested and it easily reduced the damage of losing streaks by 50%+ making recovery soooo much easier and faster!

MT5 CONVERSION COMPLETE - It wasn’t the worst experience and now as a developer I prefer MT5 to MT4. The backtesting and debugging is what swings me over. The code changes needed are frustrating but the system is VERY elegant once set up. Trade operations are easier/better but using indicators is a PIA compared to MT4 (takes more code to do same thing). Didnt realize until AFTER I coded, finished and tested MT5 EasyGBP using Oanda MT5 that it was a British Virgin Island version and Oanda USA doesn’t have MT5 (I don’t think ANY USA brokers do). Guess I win the SUPER EARLY BIRD AWARD. Here are the resulting REAL TICKS backtests with actual spread. For now I’m forward testing it on VPS and can swap it in as a trade driver for C2 if the results are better than the MT4 version but as expected the results are more similar than different. - $99 6-Month Coupon (30% Off): UGEB46234

D-FENCE! D-FENCE! - Last week was WILD with the bank failure news. EasyGBP basically treaded water for the week which I consider a win after looking at my watchlist. Unfortunately, price was on the wrong side of the 200 SMA for our system so the EA was primarily on defense for the week and worked to avoid making bad trades. I’ll give it a B+ and didnt see any need for code updates/changes.

It was a wild week of Whipsaws. HUGE ratcheting moves up and down. Thanks to the GBP crash of 10/22 (UK Prime Minister Firing) I’ve seen similar whipsawing and have implemented a number of systems that only allow trading within specific conditions. Its loose enough that I still get the occasional fake-out but still filters out significant numbers of potential losers.

I have 25 systems on my watchlist and most took a significant tumble last week. 17 are Forex and only two mildly gained or stayed flat. The others took significant losses. Most after long periods of steady profits. Looks like many hit new max drawdowns (been there, hated that). Before the collapse, EasyGBP was up about 4% and lost about 2% last week so we’re still on the Green side of the ledger. Barring any more bank failures it should resume normal operation this week.

I’m actually surprised that more systems didn’t have HUGE gains. I see the outliers but I assumed that this would be Xmas for manual traders since it would have been easy to piggyback a lot of the movement. My EA doesn’t consider news (sometimes helps, sometimes hurts, evens out) so sometimes we’ll be a victim of it with limited risk and other times its gold raining from heaven with open upside. This time… Meh. (thnx! to EasyGBP d-fence systems)

In the interim, I’ve been doing more backtesting of my MT5 version. Below is a GBPUSD report that shows almost every combination of EA parameters results in a profitable result. The number of results UNDER baseline $0 are few and the number of results wildly OVER average results is staggering. Each dot represents a completed backtest (over 14,000). These results are saying that a blind-monkey could pick a parameter set that would be profitable. In practice I filter these results for stability and one day will start a fund using the ‘Most Profitable’ settings for risk-takers.

Hope the banks have settled their biz so we can get back to TRADING this week. Still, I feel good that I didnt have to intervene at all this past week. Just sat back and watched the show. Every trade EasyGBP took was a valid trade (even the losers). Risk was controlled and even an unexpected Black Swan event was contained. I feel pretty good about that (I’m a risk hawk). Still have an open coupon that expires 3-31-2023. Simulate for Free or Signup using the $99 6-Month Coupon (30% Off): UGEB46234

WALK-FORWARD DeathMatch! - The EasyGBP Expert Advisor has gotten to the point that I can BACKTEST any time period and generate profitable results. Knowing which parameter set to trust is a ‘good’ problem to have but its still a HUGE problem. After researching the method that could work best I settled on ‘Walk-Forward’. Its a very difficult metric to pass since you create optimize parameters in one time period (In Sample: Jan-March) but test those parameters in a different time period (Out Of Sample: April). You only consider the results of OOS data.

To make the test even harder I used only a fixed lot size so no matter the balance the trade size never increased to boost profits and skew the test. These testing take about 15-20+ hours to compile so aside from just ‘playing’ with Balance% for GBPUSD (looks good!) I still need to do full runs on all currencies.

I was actually quite nervous before I completed my first walk-forward since I upped the stakes and was testing the harder ‘rolling walk-forward’ variation. So instead of just testing ONE out-of-sample period EasyGBP would be tested with multiple forward moving optimization-periods and out-of-sample periods. So successful runs would need multiple successful OOS periods to be profitable.

With all settings enabled, EasyGBP can easily be profitable with <50% win rate so achieving near 50% with fixed-lotsizes can translate to huge gains when Balance% is enabled. In the GBPUSD example using all options turned many of the unprofitable fixed-profit cells into profitable. (I think full parameters would easily turn those small trailing NZDUSD losers into winners. Cant wait to test it!)

In the fixed-lot analysis the window/step of 90/30 is the most reliable. Meaning that I should re-optimize EasyGBP every 30 days using the last 90 days of data. Using Rolling Walk-Forward testing on EasyGBP was a nail-biting experience but it was satisfying in the end to have an objective way to prove that the algorithm can be a stable trader.

At the moment I’m running the full 90/30 optimization for the selected currencies will all parameters. Afterwards, I’ll use them in MT5 alongside the currently trading MT4 version and if I see improvement I’ll swap the winners in (I can drive c2 from MT4 and/or MT5 trades simultaneously).

FINALLY SETUP!! - Good Grief, its almost impossible to setup a reliable system for creating stable parameters even when you have the proper tools. I’m looking back at my first Walk-Forward tests posted above and EasyGBP system stability has increased exponentially over the last 2 months even though its not too visible from my current LIVE chart.

Most trading systems don’t support proper walk-forward testing and only have simple backtesting which I will never naked trust again. Once you run those same GREAT parameters through a test of the upcoming months unseen data 70% FAIL!! In the ‘old’ days you didn’t have a choice and had to hope you were ‘lucky’ picking from the hundreds of possible combinations.

Fortunately, Walk-Forward analysis can discard the majority of those forward-unprofitable settings so the problem shifts. What ‘fitness’ parameters are you going to use as ranking criteria? (wf-analysis returns one set of parameters ranked as ‘best’ by your criteria)

Getting your optimizations to produce parameters that are reliable and leverages the way YOUR system trades is very hard to do. I eventually had to ditch all of the presets and create a custom formula that focuses on Profit Factor, Drawdown and Sharpe among other criteria.

After I posted the previous article I started the insane process of optimizing my robot for walk-forward analysis (an extensive process or you’ll get curve-fitted results). I used the paid MQL5 cloud network to get 400+ computers to help me crunch the numbers as I tested out different formulas. I ran 100+ optimizations over the next few months that would have taken my single computer YEARS!!

What’s The Result?..

INCREDIBLE!! - Walk-Forward finds me parameters that have true predictive value!! At first, I only used results that were ALL green but after testing its actually MORE important that the LAST few bars which represents the current market have acceptable parameters. As a result, I prefer profitable last-bars that have 10+ trades and roughly 50% are winners.

I do one further test to validate the parameters suggested. Example: GOLD. The lime-green bar lists the settings to use. I’ll take these settings that are supposed to be valid for only 05.23.2023 to 07.22.2023 and run an optimization for THE ENTIRE YEAR to see if they really are stable.

Before I show you the result, let me rant briefly about GOLD!! - My EA trades it AMAZINGLY!! - Its moves a lot and when it swaps money with my EA it always loses BIG. My EA limits losses but lets profits run so Gold is a sucker for it over time BUT I cant figure out how to trade gold on C2 through MT4/MT5 (can C2 accept XAUUSD?). I looked up a couple of Gold systems and didn’t see any instrument I could replicate. (rant over)

GOOD GOOGLY MOOGLY!! - Finally a backtest I can give some credibility. Now instead of using backtest to HOPEFULLY find parameters. Now I just use it to do a quick validation YTD. The first time I did it I was BLOWN AWAY. I don’t know if I have ever run a raw backtest and seen such a beautiful equity curve!! I actually expected them to start out BAD and get better the closer you get to 05.23 (current optimization). This shows me that I finally have a process that can extract STABLE settings (Whew!). Not the Best. Not The Worst. Just The Most ROBUST.

Doing the same with the remaining currencies (the only ones I can run on C2) results in:

WOW!! - I was simply Floored! I did not expect (no matter how hard I tried) to end up creating sets of parameters that would be so stable. I’d be the first to admit it wasn’t easy and a couple times in the process I really doubted it was even possible. I had no idea.

July will be the first full outing for the system. Unfortunately, we’re headed for ‘summertime’ trading and August which I will only trade with reduced risk (usually the worst month besides Xmas/New Year) since volume really ratchets down as people vacation but I anticipate impressive results for Sep to Dec until I stop trading right for Xmas to New Year.

After 10+ years of toying with algo’s its hard to believe I’m almost at the finish line. The only thing left now is REAL-TIME results. Must be an omen. Day before July 4th and I really get to take off and enjoy it. I’ve done the work. The optimizations are complete. The setting have been applied to the VPS and are ready to start trading. I guess I finally get to eat Burgers and Hot Dogs This Year. HAPPY JULY 4th C2 TRADERS!! - EasyGBP Is Ready For Prime Time.

Below I’ve added a couple more screenshots. I loaded the resulting backtests into a strategy analyzer to get an overview of the trading-basket performance. Regarding the currencies, the resulting parameters have very low drawdown so I have plenty of room to safely increase lotsize to boost profits even further. GOLD is just a BIG earner since its moves so much.